Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Easter Edition


I normally do my 'weekend wrap-up' posts on Monday mornings, but yesterday......well.....yesterday was just a Monday. We'll just chalk it up to a Cadbury coma. 

My Easter welcome sign from Jeff's sweet mama!
Saturday evening, J and I went over to my sister's house for dinner and egg-dying. But of course, I had to perform my appropriate aunt duties and make my sweet girl an Easter basket!


Not too shabby for my first one, eh? We have stickers (sweet girl LOOOVES her some stickers), glow in the dark eggs, a couple of stuffed cuddly friends, a bunny sippy cup, glitter egg silly puddy, and several sweet treats. Brooklyn Kate loves all things sweet. And it makes Aunt Katy so proud! Looking forward to this basket tradition :)

We then decided to tackle the egg-dying. Bottom line? We needed Grandma Susie (my mom). Here are some things we learned/re-remembered from our childhood:

-One must BOIL the eggs prior to dying
-Mix the dye with VINEGAR; dying eggs in water takes days a while
-Don't punch the circle egg-holders out of the box until AFTER you read the directions
-The pre-designed pretty egg wrappers are NOT for jumbo eggs

All in all - we got some good laughs and made memories. Lessons learned for next year! 

Patient little sweetheart watching her eggs :)

While we were finishing up the eggs, Brooklyn decided she was 'over it' and went to play. Well....you see....my basket to her included "grass." And that "grass" turned into the best part of the gift basket. Much to the dismay of my sister and brother-in-law.


Aunt Katy is the BEST
My boyfriend, the good sport
In spite of the few setbacks above, I think our eggs turned out pretty cute! I always like to make deviled eggs out of them later. I like colorful deviled eggs :)
(Please note the grass in the hair)
Sunday morning was my favorite church service of the year! I absolutely love the Easter service. I love getting extra dressed up, I love the message of Easter, I love the extra powerful worship songs, I just love it all. And singing "Forever" at the top of my lungs with Kari Jobe herself was pretty awesome too.

"The ground began to shake
The stone was rolled away
His perfect love could not be overcome
Now death where is your sting?
Our resurrected King
Has rendered you defeated

Forever He is glorified
Forever He is lifted high
Forever He is risen
He is alive, He is alive!"

Chills. Tears. All of it. So good. 

The crew at church. They boys wanted a "family picture."

Love these people.
After church we had some time to kill before the food festivities (so many food festivities!) so we curled up at home and turned on Remember the Titans (can you say baby Ryan Gosling?? So skinny!). In the middle of the movie, Jeff and I looked over and saw this....


.....the Easter puppy coma. The bunny was just too good this year, y'all.

We wrapped up the day with a shrimp boil at Jeff's parents' house. How good does this look?! Dinners at this house are always exciting and scrumptious :)


AND we got Easter baskets! Because you're never too old for Easter baskets :) In fact, I was still indulging in my basket last night. To the detriment of a cute bunny's ears. Sorry, dude. It was a heck of a Monday.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with family/friends and got a chance to focus and reflect on the true reason for Easter. A sacrificial Son. A cross to a crown. Death to victory. All for me. All for you. No other reason. We are that special folks. Know that. Know how much you are loved and cherished.


Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment