Friday, June 22, 2018

Hiya stranger.




Well hi there. 

It's been a while. Over a year in fact. 

2017 was a crazy year, and I had to take a break from writing. Work was insane, I was planning a wedding, we found another street dog, the cancer came back, I had my left eye removed, I moved across the metroplex, and I got all married. 

That's just a lot. 

I didn't stop writing completely  - once the cancer came back I was updating regularly on my caringbridge (which, side note, I really need to stop having two different blogs for medical/personal because it's all the same story), but I definitely stopped writing for "fun." There just wasn't time. And that happens sometimes. Life throws you in a twister and you grab on to some things and have to let go of others. 

But alas, I've entered a new stage of life recently, and I feel like I have some extra time on my hands. And it wasn't until I was binge watching my third series on Netflix did I realize this, and realize that there was a lot more I could be doing with my days. (Though my Netflix phase was AWESOME). 

I've recently started a new job (same firm, just a different department), and it's allowing for a bit more "me" time. Which is good cause I love hanging out with myself. :) 

We also have found out we're expecting a sweet little baby girl this December (more on that later), and I really want to document all the things. I'm in a really sweet phase of life right now and I want to remember it. I am quick to write about the not-so-great cancer stuff (because Lord help me do I need those prayers!), but that doesn't have to discount documenting life's blessings. 

Admittedly, I also needed to stop blogging for a bit because it was turning into a self-induced pressure cooker. I felt like I needed to post something x times per week to call myself a writer and constantly be on the lookout for content that people might want to read about. 

Nope nope nope. 
(I'm literally shaking my head as I type this.)

I lost sight of why I like to write in the first place. Writing is my outlet. Writing is my hobby. Writing is my passion. And this blog is essentially my virtual journal/scrapbook. So now that I have a little more time and I've had a chance to re-focus, I want to re-introduce one of the things that makes me oh-so happy. 

Plus, I'm about to have a dang infant. That's COMICAL to think I'd try to post a certain number of times per week. COMICAL. You'll see me when you see me :) 

So I guess you could say this is my "I'm baaaaaack!" post. And I actually really hate those posts. But alas I just wanted to share a little (we're talking Reader's Digest version) of where I've been and why I'm here again. 

Happy Friday everyone!





0 comments:

Post a Comment