Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Makes Katy Real Nice

I. LOVE. THE FALL.
 
Sweaters, boots, scarves, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
 

....but for real.
 
So when I was young...okay like four years ago...I used to HATE it when my mom and sister would take me in a home decor store. The phrase "let's go in Kirklands real quick" got quite the moan out of this one. They would always say 'just give it a few years' but I didn't believe them. There was NO way I'd ever be interested in home decorations.
 
HAH. I was so so wrong. Hobby Lobby is now my happy place.
[I mean how can you not smile at this?!]
 
Three years ago I started my Christmas decoration collection, but it wasn't until last year that I really started on the fall decor. My dad and I went to the Hob Lob and created a good looking starting point, and then my mom and I went back this year and added to the loot.
 
Here's something I had to accept: my house will not look as beautiful as my mother's overnight. Decorations ain't cheap, so it's going to take time. As in years. (sigh) Anyways, I took a day off work this year (that's a rarity) and put my fall decorations up (with about 4 Bath and Body Works candles burning). I might be biased, but I think it's a pretty good start :)

 
 
We've covered decor, but a HUGE part of why I love the fall is THE BAKING. I love baking year-round, it's quite the stress reliever, but when your ingredients start incorporating cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice....things get infinitely more exciting.
 
I was not having the greatest day at work one day and the boyfriend (commonly referred to as "Jeff") sent me this picture of my surprise pick-me-up!!
 
[What can I say? The boy knows the way to my heart!]
 
 A lot of blog posts over the next two-three months will likely include trial recipes from these magazines. I try tree new recipes over the holidays (usually Thanksgiving week), and I can already tell you the brown sugar coffee cake on the front of that magazine is going to be one of them!
 
Alrighty, that's all I have for today. Random fall happiness.
 
Until next time,
Katy
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment