Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites


Praise be. It's Friday. 

And while right now in my life that means I get to work this weekend, I don't care. Because Friday nights are the saving grace of busy season. Know why, folks? Cause 1) you get off at a normal time, 2) you don't make social plans because you've pretty much written off your friends until spring, and 3) you can get a pint gallon of ice cream and crawl in bed at 6 pm. 
I. Love. Fridays. 

And since it's Friday - let's Favorite!


1 - Hart of Dixie on DVD


Okay guys. My first favorite has me on cloud stinking nine this week. On Monday I told you how I was in busy season, which means I'm working crazy hours and have very little "life." In preparation for that (this ain't my first rodeo), I ordered this little nugget on DVD and it has been the best.decision.ever. 

On the mornings I don't work out, ...pause. Did you actually just believe what I said? You're too cute. 

So every morning I wake up around 5:30 (which is highly unheard of in busy season), just to drink coffee in bed and watch an episode or two. I know that's weird. I've done it for years and my friends absolutely judge me and think I'm insane. But it just gives me something else to think about other than work. Like Wade Kinsella. Because who doesn't want to think about him all day!?

Lisa and Megan - I know you fully understand this favorite. Come over whenever to watch. If you're not really feeling 5:30 a.m., it'll likely be my Friday night for the next couple months :)

_____

2 - The Magic Bullet


Okay, so I fully understand that I am way, and I mean waaaay behind the times here, but I also ordered one of these puppies from amazon this week, and this thing is AMAZING. I make smoothies/shakeology for breakfast and this is the easiest blender ever. Simple to handle, simple to clean, and like $35. Best investment ever. If you need a baby blender, I highly recommend.

_____

3 - Favorite Quote



Speaking of smoothies for breakfast, I shared this on instagram this week and it found a lot of support. Because pretty much everyone and their well-intentioned mama can relate to it. 

It doesn't get much more clean cut than this, people. Also - who could seriously go for some bagel bites right now?! Man that takes me back.

4 - Wrapped in Rubies

(no judging of the nail polish - I was on day three when I took the picture)

Okay, so I usually don't do red nail polish. It scares me. As do red lips. But red clothing is like my staple color. I don't really make sense. 

ANYWAYS, so I normally don't do red nails, but I saw this color in CVS the other day and fell in love. It's such a pretty shade of red with a little shimmer. And the best part is? It's thick enough to get away with one coat. So you know when you're painting your right hand and holding your breath and your mouth just right in order to NOT look like you just dipped your hand in berry juice? Just get it right one time. That's all you need!

_____

5 - Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you missed out on Wednesday, I introduced you to my new boyfriend. The oreo chocolate chip cookie. I really can't say anything bad about him. All of my coworkers loved him too. You just honestly can't get enough of him. You must try him. You can find out alllll about him here.

______

6 - Friends Reunion



I choose to believe this. I know it has been rumored approximately 872634 times since Friends went off the air, but this one I choose to believe. People magazine talked about it - so it has to be true, right?! I seriously can't wait. I'm going to lose my mind.
Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. 

_____

And those are today's favorites! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. I just stopped when I saw Wade Kinsella and stared at that picture for a while! ;) I miss that show so much!

    Angela @ Top Knots and Curly Locks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Friends reunion isn't a show, per se, it's just them getting together to talk about their time on the show - in honor of some producer or something. Better than nothing, but that's what I heard this morning.

    ReplyDelete