Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Trim Down Tuesday: No Bake Energy Bites


Oh man. First of all - the amount of love, support, and downright excitement from my last post was just amazing. Y'all are too good to me. 

In fact, everything was just so dang wonderful, that from Thursday to Sunday I was in bed. The jet lag, the celebrating, the eating ice cream like it was my day job - it alllllll came to bite me with like the mother of all nose/sneeze/throat/cough situations. 

Oh the amount of tissues I have gone through.

But now I'm back. 

And once I could breathe through my nose again, I decided it was time to get the eating habits back on track. Plus - aren't you like supposed to be in the best shape of your life for your wedding or something? Well I'll never completely give up ice cream so I might as well start that process now :)

I've seen about 4.57 million pinterest versions of these no bake bites, so I decided to make my own little version. 

...Y'all I am SUCH a fan. Some recipes said to freeze them (so I did) and they are the best little treat post-dog walk (ya know, when you're dripping sweat from every pore the Lord gave you) that also hold you over while you whip up some dinner. Plus they're naturally sweet - so they cure your cravings :) 

So here we go - my personal rendition of:

No Bake Energy Bites


Please note: if you're a fan of the almond butter chocolate chip cookies I gave you, these have very similar ingredients :)
What You'll Need
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used mini!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp chia seeds

What You'll Do

Throw it all in a bowl, mix it on up, roll it into balls, and freeze! 

Like what else do you want from me? That's so stinking easy. Some recipes use peanut butter, some use flax seed - there are seriously a ton of variations on this little bite. So choose what you like and throw it in the bowl. Some even used pumpkin, and I think I'll have to try that in my next batch!

For you doubters, you should know that these also have Jeff's stamp of approval - and he's not even a fan of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. So basically that means you have no excuse and you have to try them. :)

If you want to check out my other Trim Down Tuesday recipes, click here.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Until next time,
Katy


1 comments:

  1. Mmmm... this recipe sounds so good! Glad to hear you are feeling better and your body is back in the correct time zone. Congrats again on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete