Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday! These posts are some of my favorite posts of the month. Maybe because it's in list form? I don't know. But I love me some What's Up Wednesday. 



What I'm Eating This Week

This pretty much sums it up. 

Not only am I still getting my Blue Bell fix after being gone for two months, but the beginnings of wedding planning has me eating out of the carton. I took this picture Sunday night after visiting my fourth venue in four days. Venues in the DFW area apparently book up decades in advance, so I had to jump on the bandwagon fast and make quick decisions. 

I hate decisions. 
I despise quick decisions. 

Basically, if you have a daughter and she just turned 16, don't buy her a car, put a deposit down for a wedding venue. Trust me, she'll thank you later. 

BUT - the good news is we actually BOOKED a venue and have a date! So now I can resume eating ice cream out of bowls. Maybe. I mean why dirty a dish? :)

 What I'm Reminiscing About


...you had to have known that was coming. :) 

But yes, 2.5 weeks later and I'm still reminiscing about that time we got engaged

I've seen a ton (a TON) of quotes and nuggets of marriage wisdom throughout this planning process, and I'll have to say that this is my absolute favorite. 


Jeff isn't perfect. I certainly ain't perfect. And our relationship hasn't been perfect. But I am committed to love the crap out of that man until the end of my days. And for everything he does that drives me bonkers, there are about ten things he does that make me wonder what I did to deserve him. 

(I'm pretty sure people are gagging right now.)

So yeah - I'm reminiscing about love and stuff. :) If you missed the engagement story - which is a pretty dang good one - grab a cup of coffee (no seriously - get a beverage) and check it out here.

What I'm Loving

I'm loving that I knocked THREE things off my {30} Before Thirty list this month.

My 1 Year Update wasn't looking too hot, and I realized I needed to get my act in gear during Year 2. 

-- Jeff proposed with a picnic in the Dallas arboretum (#14)
-- Thanks to 14 flights around Australia, I finished rewatching Brothers & Sisters (#28)
-- Last week, Kristie and I went to see Carrie Underwood in concert....again! (#8)


And let me just tell you - that concert was AMAZING. I've seen her once before (my sister and I went to the Some Hearts tour (circa 2006) so I was due for another tour. I will say I ate up every single piece of her show, so much that it FLEW by. Like I couldn't believe it was over. 

She sang every hit, and only sang one song I dislike (The Clock Don't Stop .... the clock needs to stop), and her wardrobe changes were perfection. Highlight of my night was when she sang "Choctaw County Affair" and got down on that harmonica. I think I swooned. I'm not even sure what swooning is, but I think I did it. 

What I've Been Up To

I'm still trying to catch up on my life. Being gone for two months really threw me off (but I wouldn't trade it for anything!). I still have boxes to unpack in my new place, I still have over 100 unread work emails, I got a cold/cough that knocked me out for about a week, and then I had to instantly book a wedding venue. Like imagine my life speeding down a hill and me running after it. In flippers. 

What I'm Excited About

The Texas State Fair starts on Friday! 


I LOVE the fair. I love the food, I love the rides, I love the chaos, I love the petting zoo - all of it. This event most definitely contributes to the many (many, many) reasons why I love the fall. 

Last year, Jeff and I made a date night out of it and most certainly plan to again this year. It was one of my favorite date nights of the year! I mean... who doesn't love a date night that lets you both act like 5-year olds? #yesplease

What I'm Watching/Reading

Confession - you haven't seen a book review this month because I'm not really reading. I'm watching ALL THE SHOWS. I had summer series (Rizzoli and Isles) I had to catch up on, and now all the fall shows are back! Give me all the abc dramas. 

But can we talk about what everyone is talking about? An no - not the election. 


THIS. (is us). 

I mean within the first 10 minutes of the first episode I was having all the emotions, and by the end my jaw was on the floor. And I love Mandy Moore. I haven't watched last night's episode yet (was on a plane), but I'm really eager to see where this show goes. They say it's the new "Parenthood," but I haven't seen enough to give it that honor yet. But as far as the pilot? Wins all around. 

What I'm Listening To


This song. On repeat. 
If you don't know what this is - you're late to the party. And I'm about to impress you eardrums. 

This song (and music video) was made in honor of the CMA Awards 50th Anniversary this year, and it's basically all things country in a nice little package and wrapped with a bow. The video has a bit much going on in the background for my taste, but I still have watched it about 50 times. And I bought the song and listen to it on a daily basis. And even though I KNOW it's coming, I get chills with Ms. Dolly Parton at the end. Every. Time. 

You can watch the video here!

What I'm Doing this Weekend

A little wedding planning with the mama, a little Rangers game action, and hopefully finish unpacking my dang apartment. The brown box look is really messing up my pumpkin decor... 

And finally, for the September bonus item:
What are some of my favorite fall recipes? 

Ummm anything with pumpkin. 
Okay but really - top three would have to be: 







And for those of you who don't like pumpkin (I pray for you, and) you need a cinnamon pound cake loaf in your life this fall. I promise. 


Whew! That was a lot. Sorry, I've just really missed blogging. I'm a tad long-winded these days. :)

Happy hump day everyone! 

Until next time,
Katy

1 comments:

  1. Carrie Underwood is so awesome! How was her Storyteller show?! The that marriage quote. I've been married 8.5yrs and you really have to go in to it with realistic expectations!

    ReplyDelete