Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pumpkin Streusel Loaf


I have something pumpkin for you. 

Are you surprised? 

I know you totally did not see that coming. 

Next up on the Paula Deen September breads is the....

Pumpkin Streusel Loaf


 Holy falliday in your mouth. 

If you like pumpkin and cinnamon (and butter) .... then this is your bread. I made this later in the evening on Monday and due to the yummy smells coming from the oven, Kelsey stayed up past her bed time for a little taste test. We both decided it was well worth the wait! 

 I noticed when I was making this it is very similar to the cinnamon pound cake loaf. So if you want to make multiple breads but don't want to buy a ridiculous amount of ingredients - go for these two. They're pretty much made with everyday kitchen ingredients, too!

What my kitchen looks like with these bread adventures I've embarked on....

What You'll Need

for the batter...
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup buttermilk

for the streusel...
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

 
What You'll Do:

 Mix the butter, both sugars, vanilla, eggs and pumpkin with an electric mixer

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt

Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk to the first bowl, beginning and ending with the flour

In another bowl, mix together the streusel flour, brown sugar, quick oats, and cinnamon. Cut the butter into small 1/2 inch pieces, and then cut those pieces into cubes. Mix into cinnamon mixture with a pastry blender until clumpy. 
Katy Tip: I do not have a pastry blender, but I used an electric mixer attachment and it worked just fine. You just want clumps - the smaller you chop up the butter, the easier it will be to make clumps.

Pour batter into well greased bread pans.
(The recipe called for 5 5-inch pans, but I made 2 9-inch loaves)

Sprinkle streusel mixture on top of batter in pans

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (if 9 inch pans) or 30 minutes (if smaller pans)
BOOM. Pumpkin goodness.

Aaaaaand of course I had to put it on my new pumpkin platter from Hobby Lobby :)





And there you have it! The coworkers went nuts for this at work this week. And I may have saved half of a loaf for myself at home. It's just too perfect with coffee in the mornings! 

Enjoy!

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment