Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Favorites


It's Friday! But not only is it Friday - it's the Friday of a 3-day weekend. 

And that deserves an EXTRA large Friday smile. 

Per usual, I'm linking up with Erika and April for {Five on {Friday} Favorites!}


 1. The Return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte


How does that picture not make you smile? 

Okay okay so I technically get pumpkin spice mistos but the goodness is the same regardless. The PSL returns *officially* on Tuesday (September 8th), but if you're lucky, the Starbucks nearest you will have it TODAY. So go check! Last night I checked the location near me by acting like I was going to place a beta order (the app option that let's you order ahead) and all things pumpkin popped up!

So I may or may not have walked to Starbucks at 6 a.m. to get one before the masses did. You say ridiculous, I say loyal and brilliant.

And what's better to go with your favorite coffee other than.....

2. Coffee Cake Muffin


....a coffee cake muffin! On Monday I shared this goodness of a breakfast recipe with you, and you have to admit those puppies look pretty scrumptious. Even I was impressed with how they turned out. They're courtesy of Paula Deen - they can't NOT be good. Find the recipe here

I mean I just gave you coffee and coffee cake. Hello Friday breakfast.

3. Oversized Blown Up Check Scarf - Asos


I sent this to my sister yesterday and I've been thinking about it ever since. I'm hopping on the plaid train this fall. I can feel it. Normally I'm doing good if I embrace stripes (I've never been one for extreme prints), but boy oh boy am I feeling the plaid. 

PLUS when the weather gets cold I want to wear an oversized scarf every day. It's like the work-appropriate fuzzy bathrobe. If you make me adult, I will definitely find me a way to comfy adult. See the coziness here

4. Sole Mate - Essie


I treated myself to a mani/pedi this weekend (I try to paint my own most of the time but sometimes those puppies need professional help), and since we were kicking off "fall" this weekend I decided to bring along one of my favorite fall Essie colors! This is Sole Mate - it's basically a dark purple. Y'all I have gotten so many compliments on this color this week. As in people are writing it down. It's really the perfect fall color (in my purple-biased opinion!)

Pssst - how does my picture look? Am I ready for pinterest yet? :)

5. Funny Quote

And last but not least, I'm leaving you with a quote that my friend Kristie sent me last night that I laughed about for approximately 5 minutes straight. 

 I mean how.true.is.that?? Anyone else? How many of you just did this with that scarf up there? I mean really. This is just too dang good. Still laughing. 

And those are my five favorites!! I hope you all have a wonderful {long} weekend celebrating the last weekend of summer. Be safe, be smart, and I'll see you on Tuesday. 

Until next time,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these! So ready for Fall everything!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo love the nail color! It's fantastic! My starbucks actually had PSLs last week. I guess they were ahead of the curve and broke them out early!

    ReplyDelete