Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What's Hap-Pinning: Football Season


What's Hap-Pinning everyone?!

Today I'm linking up with Jessi and Jenn for a little What's Hap-Pinning Wednesday. This is a good day. You know why? Because this is when the pinterest world and the blog world combine. Yeah, buddy. 


In honor of college football this weekend, I'm pinning all things Watch Party. I may not understand football (it's a goal of mine this month), and I may not be able to watch the whole game, but I CAN plan a watch party. So that's what we're pinning today.

And the perfect pin to kick it off? This. Centerpiece. 

via 

It's a PUMPKIN. Hello how perfect is this? I'm obsessed. 

And now I'm on a decorations kick so let's look at those before we get to the food...





I mean, how cute are these? Simple, re-usable (except for maybe the tablecloth) and themed without being overly cheesy. Penalty flags as napkins = brilliant. 

Alright, let's talk food. When I think watch party I think dips and small bites. But here's the thing...if I served Jeff a cucumber sandwich in the middle of an OU game he would look at me like I was a dang fool. So, the trick is finding mini-man bites. But really it's not a trick at all....thank you pinterest. 

 Dips:






  Mouth watering? Anyone else? Just me? I mean those are some hearty dips. I'm always a fan of guacamole and spinach/artichoke dip, but if you're wanting to spruce up your dip - I think those should do it :)

Now onto the Man Bites:



And, because they're basically a staple at any Texas football gathering....



I mean if you're not excited to throw a party then I don't know what will get your football engine going! I'm just oh so excited. 

Also, as I was searching around pinterest items I laughed because I saw this:

  
 I have this hunter green vest from J. Crew and have worn it to a Baylor game at LEAST once a year the past couple of years. This is my go to Baylor game outfit. Comfy, cozy, and cute. If you're looking for me at McLane - I'll be the girl in this. 

And that's what's hap-pinning!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE the football pumpkin..... I'm not a football fan - but my sister-in-law is... I think I just might have to make it for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love everything here!! So pumped for football and Fall!! Thanks for linking up with us today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I'm not a football fan but I'd show up for this food! looks so tasty! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete