Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cinnamon Pound Cake Loaf


Are your taste buds ready? Because boy-oh-boy do I have a treat for them!

In my September goals last week, I told you about how I have a goal of making seven of Paula Deen's fall loaves. I saw them all in a magazine, couldn't decide which one(s) I wanted to make, and decided to make them all. It really seemed like the easiest choice when celebrating the Fallidays. 

Pause. 

What on earth are the Fallidays you ask? Well yesterday Jeff and I were talking about how the summer is coming to a close and I told him I wasn't sad because I just love fall. And the holidays. To which Jeff said "the fallidays." ...and I may have freaked out. 

People we are celebrating the Fallidays

Alright back to the breads.

First up, I give you the Cinnamon Pound Cake Loaf


Look closely. Do you see those cinnamon specks? This cake loaf is just goodness. I may have licked the bowl before I washed it - and then the most disgusting thing happened. I went like hungry-animal-seeking-helpless-prey on that bowl. It was not pretty. But it was SO good. Illegally good.

And it tastes just as good in the post-baked form! Even my sister would be a fan of this loaf, and she's a picky one :)

So how do you get one of your own? Let me tell you. Just like Paula told me. 


What You'll Need

1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

What You'll Do

In a large bowl, mix the butter, both sugars, and eggs
In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the first bowl, beginning and ending with the flour

Pour batter into 9 inch bread pan* and bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Remove, cover with foil, and bake for an additional 25 minutes.

*I lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and then sprayed with Pam - it made for a flawless and easy removal from the bread pan

 

Remove and indulge. With caution. Cinnamon gets your taste buds ready for those Fallidays :) 

Happy Hump Day!

Until next time,
Katy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment