Thursday, September 17, 2015

Pumpkin Cake w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting


Boy oh boy do I have a treat for y'all this morning! 

Monday night, Jeff and I went over to his parents' house for a little DWTS premiere dinner. Aren't we just the cutest? :) His mom made her (often-talked-about-by-Jeffrey) beef stroganoff, and we popped open a bottle of wine and settled in to harshly judge watch the new season contestants. 

Then about halfway through the show we dove into my dinner contribution: 

Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting


I was pretty hesitant to make this since neither Jeff nor his dad are huge pumpkin fans, but since his mama bought me a new fall bundt pan, of course the first cake I baked had to be pumpkin! Check out this pan. Isn't it amazing?



Your cake comes out with little leaves/acorns! So perfect for this time of year :) 

Again, I went out on a limb here with the pumpkin flavor, so I was pretty nervous about the reaction. ...aaaaand I shouldn't have been. Because both Smith boys went back for a second slice. As did myself and Mama Smith. So by the end of the show we had successfully eaten half the cake. I'd say (and even Jeff said) this recipe is a keeper! :)

What You'll Need

1 box spice cake
2 instant vanilla puddings
1/2 cup veggie oil
4 eggs
1 cup pure pumpkin
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 can cream cheese frosting

What You'll Do

Mix together the cake mix, puddings, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and 1 of the tablespoons of cinnamon. I literally dumped them in a bowl and took an electric mixer to it. 

Pour the cake batter in a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40(ish) minutes. Must pass the clean knife test

Remove the foil lid from the icing and heat for 10-15 seconds. Mix in the other tablespoon of cinnamon. Pour on cooled cake. 


Y'all - you can cut this cake with a butter knife. It is THAT moist. And I hate that word, but there's no other way to describe it. 

 I have a feeling I will be making this cake quite a few times this season. Simple, delicious, and all kinds of festive!

Until next time,
Katy



Recipe found here

2 comments:

  1. This looks SO good! I'm going to have to try it. Seems super easy too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to your cake and beef stroganof!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete