Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Goals



Hello September. It's about time. 

I don't care how warm it is outside. You better believe I am curled up with my fuzzy robe, extra piping hot coffee in my mug, and I'm pretending it's in the 50s and 60s outside. So until I head out for the gym and immediately start sweating - it feels like fall outside. 

And with the first of the month comes monthly goals. But first let's recap August.

Now, if you remember back a month, we did something a little different in August. We focused on our happy. No lists, no goals - just did a little "Katy" every day. Let me tell you - I don't have too many fabulous ideas, but taking time to rediscover me was a brilliant idea. 

I baked, I bubble bathed, I read, I wrote, I got in a morning routine, I fell in love with yoga, I just lived. I focused on much more than work. I worked hard in those 40-45 hours I was there, but when I left (which was at a normal time)...I left work at work. 

Granted, I'm re-implementing my monthly goals this month, but I'm going to really try not to lose sight of what I learned in August. Both about life and about myself. 

So let's talk goals. Now the tricky part about this month is the fact that I wanted to do things like have a picnic, buy new boots, and wrap up in scarves and go for walks in the brisk air. ...too bad that's not September in Texas. 


1) Embrace College Football

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am excited, but I'm excited to wear green and gold, throw watch parties, and go to Waco and be reunited with my people. I think I want to actually TRY this year. As in try to understand the game. I bet this lasts the first weekend and then I'll be over it, but alas, it's a goal. 

2) Bake Seven of Paula Deen's Breads 

I am SO pumped about this! If you saw instagram or yesterday's post, you know I've been hanging out with Paula Deen lately. In the form of a magazine. Well, one magazine had seven different fall breads that all looked heavenly. But I couldn't decide which one to bake. So I decided to make it a goal to make all seven included in the magazine. A buncha fall breads are headed your way!

3) Fit in as Many Baseball Games as Possible

This month marks the close of the regular baseball season. Wamp wamp. So over the next month I am going to try to fit in as many hot dogs games as possible. And if I could see my man Hamels pitch again I will be one happy Katy. 

4) Spend a Long Weekend at Home

Like in Beaumont home. Because home makes me happy and I love hanging out with my parents. That's really all there is to it. OH - and my parents have the Hallmark channel. Always a good time :)

5) EAT BLUE BELL

Y'all, yesterday was a sad day to be Katy Reeves. My Facebook newsfeed was FILLED with Houston/Austin people eating Blue Bell. And this little piggy had none. So I'm going to need to find and devour a carton. Or two. Can one order Blue Bell? I'm still wondering why Blue Bell didn't send me any. I mean HELLO #1 fan over here. 

And there we have September! It's going to be a great month. I can feel it. 

Until next time,
Katy

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment