Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies


Today we have more pumpkin. 

Yeah buddy. 

I got really excited because after my last pumpkin recipe, I've had a few people contact me and tell me they made them and loved them! Then I had one friend text me and tell me he's made each and every pumpkin recipe and to keep them coming. 

So Collin - this one's for you :) 

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies




So this recipe kind of happened by accident. I was trying to make a different version of the pumpkin cookie (which is very difficult because the base of a pumpkin cookie is basically the same in every recipe), so I got a little creative with the icing. And then they started looking like cinnamon rolls. And then I tasted one, and to me, it tasted exactly like a cinnamon roll with a touch of pumpkin. 

What You'll Need

for the cookie
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 can pure pumpkin - 15 oz
4 cups flour

 for the icing
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
  4-5 cups powdered sugar   
[cinnamon for garnish]

What You'll Do

 Mix the butter, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with an electric mixer

Add in vanilla, eggs, pumpkin, and flour - mixing after each addition

Note: your batter is going to be all kinds of thick.

Place a heaping spoon fool of batter onto a cookie sheet (covered with parchment paper), placing each cookie about 2 inches apart. Flatten top of cookie so it's easier to cook

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes (the top will set - do not overcook!)

Melt the icing butter (I went with the microwave approach) and mix in brown sugar until smooth. Move to a medium bowl and add in milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.

Add powdered sugar progressively to create icing. Ice cooled cookies and garnish with cinnamon!


I mean, do these not like cinnamon rolls?! They're so good. You could technically have them for breakfast if they're in the cinnamon roll category. The icing is a bit sweet, but add it with a cup of black coffee and you'll be just fine. 

Happy Thursday everyone! 
And to all my coworkers, get excited, cause these are coming your way this morning :)

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment