Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Maple Bundt Cake


So I've made a lot of bundt cakes, right?

Well never in my life have I had a bundt cake that got reviews such as this one. 

I mean, y'all. I made this cake four times in a 3-week span. And it was equally a hit every time! 

An quite frankly, and I understand why... because you poke holes in the cake and pour maple syrup into it. Like hello, how could it not be wonderful? 

But like I said, I've never received as many praises about a cake as I did this one:

The Maple Bundt Cake


I bought one of Mix and Match Mama's cookbooks last year, and have been picking random cakes that look scrumptious and giving them a go. They usually are overwhelmingly good, and this one was no exception! 

What You'll Need
for the cake
1 box yellow cake mix
2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 1/4 cup water
3/4 cup maple syrup

for the icing
3-4 cups of powdered sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
a couple splashes of milk

What You'll Do

Similar to the magic of all bundt cakes, just dump all the cake ingredients (except the maple syrup) into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer. 

Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes, then invert the pan. 

While the cake is still warm, poke holes into the top of the cake in a routine manner (don't get crazy, just every inch around the top or so). I used a knife sharpener and it worked like a charm!

Pour 3/4 cup of maple syrup atop the cake and into the holes. My experience is that a lot of the syrup will pool into the middle, so I spoon it out to avoid sogginess.

Once the cake is cooled, mix all of the icing ingredients to the desired consistency (more sugar makes it thicker, more milk makes it thinner) and frost that bad boy. 

And then expect people to ask you to make it over and over and over again :)

 Just a little maple goodness for your morning. 
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Until next time,
Katy


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment