Thursday, March 5, 2015

Monkey Bread


It's simple. It's $5. And it's absurdly delicious.


It's called Monkey Bread.

Now, I grew up with this stuff, but when I offered to bring it as my contribution to one of my friends' bridal shower, I got questionable responses. And rightfully so - the name makes no sense. It's a glorified gooey coffee cake. It has nothing to do with monkeys.  

This is my go-to recipe for any breakfast/brunch occasion. It's easy to throw together and hard to mess up.  The majority of the ingredients you'll already have at your house, and the few items you might not have cost about $5 at the grocery store. Could you ask for much more?

OH you could. Because you can "prep" the bread the night before, and just pop it in the oven when you wake up. It bakes while you primp and sip your coffee, and then bam. You're ready to go. 

I originally used the Pioneer Woman's recipe found here, but altered it a smidge (just used less butter and sugar!) :)

So here's the game plan:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
Grease your bundt pan.
Gather the following ingredients:

2 cans of biscuits - I'm a flaky Grands girl, myself
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter -  1 and 1/4 sticks

Ready for the easy peasy recipe?

Quarter your biscuits and throw them into a bowl
Throw in the sugar/cinnamon and make sure the biscuit pieces are coated



Throw the sugared dough in the bundt pan
Heat the butter and stir in the brown sugar
Pour the buttery sugar (mmm..) over the sugared dough
Bake at 350 for approximately 35 minutes
Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes


 Flip it over
Be amazed

Seriously people. It's so good. I took it to work the other day and the team went bananas! (See what I did there? Monkey bread? Bananas?!) Okay then. Enjoy!

Until next time,
Katy


0 comments:

Post a Comment