Tuesday, March 3, 2015

..so it's March.



Well, that's that. I survived yet another busy season. Aaaaaand it's March. January and February were just a blur. A fast and furious blur. 

We filed last week and I had FOUR days to recover. Do you know what a girl does with four whole days after working her life away for two months? ...nothing. 
She does absolutely nothing.

My immediate to-do after we signed off was my bed. For 24 hours. My goal was bed sores, people. I had a ridiculously full DVR and all the time in the world to take care of it. I had blue bell for breakfast. I had blue bell for dinner. All from my bed. 

Then Friday morning I set off for Beaumont to retrieve the pup and have a little more R&R at the parentals.

Being reunited with my sweet boy :)
What did I do all weekend, you ask?

I binge watched Friday Night Lights. 


HOW am I just now watching this? About a year ago, my friend Melissa told me it was such a Katy show, and ever since, anyone I talk to who finds out I haven't watched it freaks out a little bit. 

And rightly so. Holy Tim Riggins. At first I was all "ew, greasy dirty monkey" and then about one episode in I was all "please marry me." But as dead sexy as Riggins is, I have a serious soft spot for Matt Saracen. Every time he gets flustered I want to hug him. I have a huge soft spot for the underdog. OH and I want to be Connie Britton. So there's that. 

Y'all, I've watched 15 episodes in 3 days I just can't get enough. It was a serious inner struggle on whether or not to close netflix and open up this blog. 

Moving on.... so there's no place like home. I woke up at my parents' house Saturday morning, walked in my bathroom, and lo and behold. This was waiting for me.


It's like a coffee shop oasis. I think it's safe to say where my coffee addiction comes from..

And since one cup is never enough, this sweet man and I went and grabbed breakfast and just talked about life. It doesn't get much better than this man right here.

PS he thought he looked really good in this picture
Pretty sure I came home and watched another episode of FNL, and then me and pops started on a project. Over Thanksgiving weekend, Jeff's mom took me to Canton Trade Days for the first time. We don't need to talk about how much money I spent that weekend, but more importantly, I found something I really wanted and new my dad could make it. SO - I designed, he built, and this was the result:


Isn't it precious? The welcome sign I bought at Canton, but I didn't want to spend what they were asking on the post. So I had my dad build me one! I'm obsessed. The "BU" is interchangeable with all sorts of designs for the different months (i.e., a snowman for January, hearts for February, etc.). I love a good welcome sign :)

Pretty sure I watched another episode while the paint dried...

Then it was time for baking with Susie. Y'all, my mom is the best baker. Growing up, people would call her and ask her to bake things for various occasions, and anytime she showed up with a cake plate in hand people would rant and rave. My friends would come over to my house..just to eat the goodies my mom had lying around the kitchen. It's my goal to be that type of mom. I want to be the reason all my friends' kids are fat. Okay not really. But I do hope to be just half the baker my mama is!


Well...and this is always a nice perk of baking.


One more exciting weekend event...I made a purchase. A big purchase. A bucket list purchase. I bought tickets to the 50th Annual American Country Music Awards in Dallas. YES I DID.  Am I insane? Maybe so. But it's a once in a lifetime experience that I just had to be a part of. I mean, they probably won't let me take the stage, and I probably won't get to walk the red carpet, but who the heck cares. I'm going to the ACMs.

All in all - a fantastic weekend. And y'all - I can't tell you how excited I am to have my life back again. I can finally start my 2015 resolutions! Working out, guitar lessons, actually seeing and hanging out with my friends? Can't even handle it. So stinking pumped.

Have a fantastic week!!

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment