Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up


Man, y'all. This weekend was a purdy one...sunshine and blue skies! 

On Saturday, Jeff and I got to play "parents" and watch my precious niece for the day. 

Meet Brooklyn Kate. She's two and a half. And all kinds of ready for Hollywood.
[Disclaimer: There will be lots of park photos to come. But that's okay. Cause she's cute.]

We kicked off the park day with some sliding. That girl loves to slide. 


And then I realized he did too. And I suddenly had two children.


We did some climbin....


And some steppin...

And some swingin....


P.S. - the swings. There were three different "ages" of swings. Jeff and I got a bit stressed about which one to put her in. She kept telling us she was old enough for the big girl swing, but we just weren't sure. Every time I pushed the swing I held my breath, and Jeff stood on the other side ready to catch her if she let go. She said higher, we said no thanks. Amateurs. 

And then it was off to the "sandbox" - commonly known as the volleyball court. Less the volleyball players.


Chasing each other..She always knows Jeff's "gonna get her" :)

We then walked over to the pond to watch all the turtles. Jeff captured this sweet picture...

Then Brookie just leaned over and gave me a hug. Love my sweet girl :)


Here's the thing. This park is right next to a set of train tracks and the trains (often) choo-choo their way past. Brooklyn doesn't like the whistles. Too loud. So I ran to the bathroom while J and B went back to the playground, and when I heard the whistles, I walked out to this...

Dang whistles.
 We left the park and headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and as all good aunts do - I made sure the afternoon ended with ice cream! (Don't worry, Jeff got one too)


 Jeff and I had to run some errands on the way home, and when we pulled into the driveway and turned off the music, we heard soft snores from the back seat...

#success
All in all it was a great (and exhausting) afternoon. Props to all you parents out there who do this on a daily basis. She's just the sweetest thing to babysit. So polite, so laid-back, and just cute as a bug. It was a day of three big smiles, that's for sure. OH - and Jeff and I have worked on our renditions of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Wheels on the Bus," and the "ABCs" if anyone wondered. Shamefully those were the only three nursery songs we could remember. So we sang them over and over and over....

All about to go down the slide together!
I love these two.

And that's your weekend wrap-up!

Until next time,
Katy


0 comments:

Post a Comment