Monday, March 21, 2016

Movie Review Monday


This weekend I was feeling a tad under the weather, so I donned my sweatpants and did just about the only thing that was appealing to me. 

I watched a whole bunch of movies. 

Two were in the theatre, and one was a Nicholas Sparks movie that I MISSED. How on earth did I miss one? Emily and I were very ashamed of ourselves. We pride ourselves in our love for N-Sparks. 

I feel like we went through a "good movie drought" for a while, but there are actually a lot of movies out right now that I want to see! #boutdangtime

So, in the interest that you are looking for a big screen movie or a movie to watch from the convenience of your jammies, I gotcha covered. 


_____

On Friday night, Jeff and I got some sushi for dinner and headed to a late night showing of Allegiant (the third installment of the Divergent series). We thought this was going to be the final movie of the series, but alas, they're dragging it out to two parts. Anything to make a buck, eh?

via

So hear me out - I read all three books and was obsessed. Me and Kristie would have conversations about these characters (primarily about Four) like they were our friends. So when I heard they were making this into a series, I was overly excited. Like a real-human-in-life Four? Now that's a praise. 

I liked the first movie, thought the second was a bit overly cheesy sci-fi, and actually really liked the third. It had humorous parts, a good amount of action, and the plot actually kept me interested (even though I know the story). 

Would I recommend it? Yes. I mean - it's the third movie. If you've seen the first two, you have to carry out the ending. I'm just here to let you know that, in my humble opinion, it won't be as painful as the second one :)

_____

via

Yoookay. So Emily and I saw this preview when we went to see The Choice, and knew we had to watch it together. ...cause we knew we would cry and true friends cry together in public. After seeing enough previews, we knew the tears were going to be more intense than the sniffles, so we did what any normal female would do. We wore sweatpants and removed all make up. Step one. 

We then entered phase two and bought all things salty (popcorn), sweet (buncha crunch), and sour (sour patch kids). And brought water for re-hydration from the tears. Step two. 

Then the movie started. You have to go see this movie. Yes, you will cry 80% of the time, but it is worth it. This movie will speak to your soul, tug on your heart strings, and make you want to hit your knees and chat it up with the good Lord when you get back to your car. You get to "meet" the actual little girl at the end of the movie, and she was on my mind the rest of the weekend. Such a sweet story. 

Now - in full disclaimer, you might want to wait until in the comfort of your own home (aka wait for it to come out on redbox) to get your ugly cry on. Emily and I both left with headaches we cried so hard. Not to mention I had to cover my mouth up pretty much the whole time. Why, you ask? Well, I'm not sure if you knew this, but when you're forced to cry really hard and not make a noise, it comes out your face. Your face turns into a contorted twisted painful expression, and so I had to cover it up so the poor people next to me didn't cry harder than they already were. 

But for reals - watch the movie. 

_____

So my Sunday night plan was to go see Zootopia because 1) I heard it's funny, and 2) why wouldn't you want to spend your Sunday night watching cartoons? I mean hello. 

BUT then I talked to my dad, told him my plan, and he said going to the movies alone at night was not the smartest ideas. Crazy creepies go to the movies. So one must implement the buddy system. And since I couldn't find a buddy who also wanted to spend their Sunday evenings with cartoon characters, I resorted to Netflix. Specifically, the romantic drama section. 

And that's when I saw it. 

A Nicholas Sparks movie I had not yet seen. 

via
AND it has James Marsden in it! I was quite ashamed of myself.

Since I hadn't heard much about it, I didn't have high expectations, but I actually really enjoyed it. I hadn't read the book, so I had zero idea of what was going to happen, but it's a really sweet plot. And yes I cried. But just little tears. Likely because I am still low on ammunition due to the movie above. 

This movie reminds me of Safe Haven. Love story, but a "thriller" storyline too. And it's light years better than The Lucky One and The Longest Ride. Bless. 

_____

So there's my weekend. Pretty sure I gained about 5 el bees sitting on my hiney, but it is what it is. Today's a new day. 

Also - friendly reminder - if you're in Dallas and love pizza and animals (so, you) stop by Cane Rosso and grab a pizza or seven tonight. 100% of the proceeds are going to the Humane Society in my hometown that had an awful fire last week and lost 70 sweet doggies. It breaks my heart. And nothing cures heartache like pizza. Especially when your cash goes towards a cause. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

Until next time,
Katy

1 comments:

  1. James Marsden is so good looking. I hate how they made the Divergent and Hunger Games into 4 movies. Ugh. It makes it so hard to keep my interest. Four is a TOTAL hottie tho. Yum. Hope you are feeling better today!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete