Thursday, March 24, 2016

Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake


As the summer months approach and the weather heats up, I'm starting to reintroduce myself to my summer favorites. Some are welcomed with open arms, and others not so much (i.e., the pale pastiness of my not-so-toned legs in brightly colored J-Crew shorts). We still have some work to do. 

But one thing I'm always eager to bring back is the strawberry lemonade. Kelsey and I both have quite the obsession with strawberry lemonade. We've tried various concoctions (the latest is lemonade with strawberry puree), but only in liquid form. 

Well why not a cake form!?

I like lemon cake. 
I like strawberry cake. 
Why not try a strawberry lemonade cake?!

This one took some thinking. There are all kinds of concoctions you can do...

Lemon cake + strawberry pudding + real strawberries
Lemon cake + vanilla pudding + real strawberries
White cake + 1 lemon pudding + 1 vanilla pudding + strawberries

The list went on and on. And I sat in the parking lot of the grocery store and discussed all of the options over the phone with my mom. We finally decided on a combination and I must say - I'm quite a fan! As is Jeffrey. Jeffrey loves him some strawberry lemonade. 

Here's my new summer love - the Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake

 

What You'll Need
for the cake
1 box white cake mix
2 boxes lemon instant pudding mix
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 1/4 cup of water
4 eggs
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup of chopped strawberries (1/2 inch size) - tossed in 2 tbsp flour

for the glaze
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar

What You'll Do

Mix the cake mix, pudding, oil, water, eggs, and lemon juice together with an electric mixer

Fold in strawberries

Pour into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Combine the glaze ingredients and pour atop cooled cake
 
If serving immediately, I would chop up strawberries and sprinkle them on the top of the cake. You know - really give it a summery fruity look :)
 
 
____


Have a great Thursday everyone! Friday Favorites tomorrow! :)

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment