Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Trim Down Tuesday: Pumpkin Muffins


Okay. I have done my research. 

I have studied several pinterest recipes.
I have tried various versions of recipes.
And I have finally found a healthy pumpkin muffin that I absolutely love. 

Because everyone needs a pumpkin muffin without worrying about the muffin top. 

I have a serious love affair with muffins. Like, it's the pastry that speaks to my soul, calls my name from the bakery window,and whispers sweet-flavored-nothings in my ear. I heart the muffin. 

But for muffins you need metabolism, and I'm almost 30.
So instead of working out (ew), we just make healthier muffins. 

Today I introduce you to...

The Guilt Free Pumpkin Muffin!


What You'll Need

3/4 cup coconut flour*
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup maple syrup
6 eggs
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon lemon juice

*To get the consistency I wanted, I put between 3/4 cup to 1 cup

What You'll Do

Throw all ingredients into a bowl and mix (I love these types of recipes)
Line a muffin tin with muffin cups - this recipe made about 15-16 muffins for me
Fill each muffin cup to about 3/4 of the way full
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes

And guys. Don't be afraid of coconut flour. At first, it freaked me out too, but then I just bought some, measured it out, threw it in the bowl, and never gave it another thought. If you just don't think too much about it, it'll be fine. 

And yes, these are paleo, gluten-free, and really dang good. 

To see other Trim Down Tuesday recipes, click here.

Enjoy!

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment