Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Trim Down Tuesday: Eggplant Medallions w/ Turkey Tomato Sauce


So I was standing in the produce section of Trader Joe's on Sunday...with absolutely no mojo. 

I was tired of making the same healthy meals. I like healthy foods, but I usually get "on" certain go-to meals and then I get sick of them. 

So I go get Chick-Fil-A. Complete with a large waffle fry.
Unless it's Sunday. Then I get Whataburger.

But, I take engagement pictures TODAY so I decided to persevere. 

Then my eyes landed on an eggplant. I LOVE eggplant. But I forget I love eggplant. It just doesn't naturally come to mind for me. 

But by golly, I bought that eggplant. And I made me some dinner with that eggplant. And my faith in healthy food options was restored. And all the people said amen. 

So today I'm sharing my Eggplant Medallions with Turkey Tomato Sauce!

And please do not be fooled. "Eggplant Medallion" is fancy terminology for "eggplant that I cut into circles." But it sounds cool, right? It's all in how you present it, people. All in the presentation. 


Aren't they pretty?! Also, please note that the serving-ware are plates that my sister used in college. #notyetmarried #donthavenicethings #prettierplatescomeNovember

Okay, so this is quite simple. As I say every time I post a recipe. Cause that's how I roll. 

What You'll Need

-1 eggplant
-1 lb (ish) of ground turkey
-1 jar marinara (see below)
-EVOO, onion powder, fresh garlic
-seasonings to top (I used oregano and parsley)

What You'll Do

Preheat the oven to 400. Slice the eggplant into rings and place on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle both sides of eggplant with EVOO. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Roast for 25 minutes.

While the eggplant is roasting, brown the turkey in a skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic and onion powder. Once meat is cooked, drain the meat and add in marinara sauce.

Once eggplant is cooked, top turkey/tomato mixture onto eggplant and top with seasoning. 

(I just fold my eggplants into a little taco to eat!)

So this is my favorite marinara. Fresh ingredients, wonderful taste, and pre-made from Trader Joe's. 

OH - and also Charlie approved :)

 One eggplant makes about a bajillion medallions so you can feed to a family or eat as leftovers for the rest of the week! I would just store the eggplant and marinara separately. 

Alright. I have to go primp. Pictures are in like 12 hours. Time is a 'tickin!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Until next time,
Katy





0 comments:

Post a Comment