Monday, January 5, 2015

Planning the Erin Condren Way


If you've read any of my other posts, you're aware that I'm a planner. I live by lists and don't have "free time." On the rare chance that I'll plan to give myself a "free" weekend, I'll have it filled by the Thursday before. Free time gives me anxiety or something, I don't know. Whatever the reason - that's how I am and how I've always been. 

Most people in this day and age live electronically, and the iPhone calendar is what they use. Yes, I agree the iPhone calendar is easy and convenient, but it just doesn't work for me. I like a combination of big picture and detail. Plus I like paper. Call me old school, but I love hard copy. And hello you can use colored pens. Yes, please. 

My 2015 calendar came in this past week, and I'm just so excited, I'm going to tell you all about it. Lucky lucky you :)

I was first introduced to the Erin Condren life planner in 2013 and have re-ordered each December since. I just haven't found a better planner. I love love LOVE this planner!!


Okay so obviously I've had consistent tastes over the past three years...


Why you ask? Here are a few reasons:

  • The "big picture" view
At the beginning of every month I sit down and like to look at an overview. What's to come? What do I need to prepare for? Is there a shower coming up? Do I need to get a gift? A party to attend? Do I need to bake? Basically to ensure there are no surprises. This planner opens up with a monthly overview of each month.




  • The weekly detailed view
A big picture overview is key, but I also have to have the detailed option to hold my "to do" lists. What chores do I need to get done on a Saturday morning? What bills do I need to pay? What groceries do I need to grab at the store after work? Following each month overview, the planner provides a weekly view. Best of both worlds? I think so! 

Clarification: AA stands for American Airlines. And I likely cancelled those pure barre classes..

  • The colors and quotes
Everything is better with color, and everyone loves some inspiration. This planner is the most colorful planner I've ever seen, and the pages are covered with bits of "umph" for those harder, stressful days. 


  • The stickers
Why write that you have an appointment, when you could put a cute colorful sticker instead?! Birthdays, appointments, games, concerts, vacations - this planner has them all. And if that's not enough, they give you blank ones to write whatever you want. And if THAT'S not enough, they give you the option to custom make your stickers. There are actually quite a few options - you can even have picture stickers! Y'all - the possibilities are endless.

  • The pocket and pouch
 So essentially your life can be maintained in this planner. But what if you need to keep a receipt? Or you make a list on a napkin at dinner and don't want to lose it? Ladies and gents, this planner has a pocket and a pouch. 

And she always sends you a little treat (personalized notecards) in the pouch!



Your life will never be the same.  Okay... it's still just a planner. But I seriously live by mine. I absolutely love this thing. There are so many options available to customize. All of her stuff is incredible. I want to start a family just so I can buy a family chore chart. ...but I'm dead serious. 

Check out her site. She has something for everyone - teachers, travelers, moms, and more. I'm (obviously) obsessed with mine - and I'm confident you would be too :)

Until next time, 
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment