Tuesday, January 20, 2015

World's Best Work Pants


Let's face it. We have all wished for careers in the medical profession....simply for the scrubs. I mean Meredith and Cristina always look SO comfy. I've worked as a receptionist in a couple of doctors' offices in my life and let me tell you...changing from jammies to clothes that feel very much like jammies is a glorious thing!

Well that ain't such a luxury in corporate America.

When I first started working a few years ago, I didn't understand the meaning of a blended wardrobe. I had work clothes, and I had non-work clothes, and I really didn't feel like they crossed barriers. If someone asked me to dinner after work, I felt like I needed to run home and change first. I didn't have a dual-purpose closet. And it simply left no money in my wallet and no room in my closet. 

SO I got smart (and I also got a sense of fashion). Now I like to buy things that can accommodate both work and play. 

I will give the disclaimer that normally, I'm a dress/skirt wearer. I've always thought pants fit me weird. I don't wear jeans. In fact, in high school my mom told me she'd take me on a shopping spree if I didn't ever wear jeans my senior year. I'm telling you - they look weird on me. I've been told I need to go to the Blue Jean Bar here in Dallas, but alas, I have not.

In the winter, I can only wear so many tights/skirts combos. By about 2 pm, I want to rip the tights off my body. And whoever invented the pencil skirt obviously didn't have to go to the bathroom a lot. Plus I like to sit cross-legged in my chair and it's just not very appropriate to just spread em in a short skirt, SO I needed some pants. 

I noticed my friend Mercedes was always wearing the cutest pants to work and she had them in like...8 different colors. She ranted and raved about these pants. But for those of you who don't know Mercedes, she's tall and teeny, so naturally I just thought they just looked good on her. 

Well, friends, I caved and ordered me a pair on Cyber Monday.... and I've just ordered my third pair. They literally are the world's best work pants. And I believe they look good on anyone. 

I introduce to you, the Banana Republic Sloan Pant


Sloan-fit Slim Ankle Pant
Coal...taupe...black...navy...beige - they have them all. Plus they now have these color block pants. Equally cute and two-toned to match those days that you're feeling a bit bipolar. 





Sloan is the way to go. They're flattering, dual-purpose, and SO comfortable. Y'all. I'm working 15 hour days right now. It's a good day when I get to wear these suckers to the office. Just try a pair. You'll find yourself ordering another. 

Also, in TV news, the final season of Hart of Dixie came back on this past week and man oh MAN do I love that show. Two words...

Wade Kinsella


My biggest TV crush to date. Sorry Zac Efron. 

It may be busy season, but I will choose this show (and that face) over sleep any day! :)

Until next time,
Katy


0 comments:

Post a Comment