Monday, January 26, 2015

The Country Megaticket



I live by country music...the old, the current, and the up-n-coming. I don't understand how people DON'T live by country music. It's just good, people. That's all there is to it. There are very few days that country music and a good cup of coffee can't fix.

My love of country music has sent me to many country concerts over the years, with my first being Faith Hill in 1998 (10 years old). She was performing at the Houston rodeo, so Amy, my dad, and I took a little road trip. 

Here's the thing, I didn't know a single one of her songs. So, Amy, being the best big sister that she is, put Faith's current single, This Kiss, on repeat the whole way to Houston. She wanted to make sure I would be able to sing along with one song! And y'all. It was her closing song. I got SO excited! Amy and Dad picked me up and let me stand in my seat and I sang my little heart out. Of course having NO idea what I was singing about.

Cut to 17 years later and I'm still singing my little heart out. I refrain from standing in my chair though. That apparently stops being "cute" (and socially acceptable) when you hit adulthood. 

Here's what I love about country concerts....they're real. The vocals sound just as good as they do on the albums, and the theatrics are limited. It's just real southern people singing real southern music. It's like a family reunion with a whole bunch of family you don't know.

While I have attended several concerts, I had never purchased a "megaticket" until last year. Let me tell you: best. decision. ever.

2015 Promo Poster
 
So yes, downside, you have to shell out a chunk of money in the beginning, but consider it an investment. :) You get to go to SEVEN concerts! Plus your tickets end up way cheaper than they would by individual sale. Let's discuss.

Last year my friend Lisa and I purchased lawn megatickets. Why lawn, you ask? For many reasons:

1) If you purchase a lawn megaticket, your friends can purchase individual tickets to whatever concert(s) they want to join you for and you can sit together! Lawn is general admission...so no reserved or assigned seats. 

Me and Amy at Lady Antebellum last May
 2) During the warm summer months, you can actually feel the breeze. Jeff and I went to Tim McGraw at the beginning of August, and I actually felt bad for the poor nuggets in the covered seats. The sun was beaming on them (the lawn is shaded by a wall), and the covering prevented any airflow whatsoever.

3) You can lay down! While you're waiting for the acts to change you can sprawl out and relax.

4) People watching. OH the people watching. Sometimes more entertaining than the show you came to see. 

To each their own, but I've sat in both, and I prefer lawn. ....plus it's cheaper.

Me and Jeff at Tim McGraw - and Faith showed up!

The lawn ticket was a little less than $250, and you received tickets to 7 shows. For those of you that despise math, that comes out to about $35/ticket. Let me tell you, tickets to Luke and Jason last year were well over $100 by the time the show was actually being promoted. So basically my tickets were free. Girl math. 

I knew I wasn't going to be able to attend two of the seven shows last year, but to me it was still worth it. If you find someone else that purchases a megaticket, you can swap tickets on the shows you can't attend. That's what Lisa and I did and it was a perfect arrangement. She couldn't go to Timmy, so Jeff used her ticket, and I couldn't go to Rascal Flatts, so one of her people used mine! Wins all around.

Me and Aimes at Brad Paisley
The shows run once or twice a month with the first one at the beginning of May and the last one at the end of October. 

Here's the line up for 2015:

Lady Antebellum (w/Hunter Hayes and Sam Hunt)
Tim McGraw (w/Billy Currington and Chase Bryant)
Darius Rucker (w/Brett Eldredge (!), Brothers Osborne, and A Thousand Horses)
Rascal Flatts (w/Scotty McCreery and RaeLyn)
Florida Georgia Line (w/Thomas Rhett and Frankie Ballard)
Dierks Bentley (w/Kip Moore, Maddie & Tae, and Canaan Smith)
Luke Bryan (w/Randy Houser and Dustin Lynch)

(Dates all included here)

I've seen all but two of the above in concert already....but I'm still considering doing it again. It's just that much fun, people.

Me and Kristie watching Luke Bryan's hips. Oh, and he was good, too. :)

Tickets go on sale this FRIDAY!!! If you love live music and have a pair of cowboy boots...I'd highly suggest you look into a megaticket. 

And for fun, even though this wasn't part of the megaticket last year, below is when Lisa, Becca, and I went to Jake Owen and Jason Aldean....and got SOAKED. They cancelled before Jason even came on. One of the best times I've had at a concert. Once every ounce of you is soaked, you just can't help but laugh. Plus Jake Owen has some seriously pretty teeth.

Happy Monday everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment