Friday, April 14, 2017

{Five on {Friday} Favorites}


Man. It has been a hot minute since I've done some Friday Favorites/Five on Friday. 

Okay, well it actually has been a hot minute since I've blogged in general, but I love me some Friday Favorites. Partially because I love sharing all the things that make me happy, and partially because when this blog post comes around, it means a weekend is just around the corner :)

And today we're starting with one of the things that makes me most happy in life...

SHOES. 

1 - Kensa Peep Toe Booties (Vince Camuto)

Okay. So I'm not a shopper. I walk in Nordstrom and am overwhelmed. If it's on a mannequin, there's a 90% change I'll try it on. If it's on the rack, there's a 10% chance I'll even look at it. Then they came out with this little thing called Like to Know It, and all my shopping problems dissipated. Along with all my dollars. 

I blogged about Like to Know It a long time ago when it came out, and it has very much since evolved (hello that was two whole years ago), but if you have no idea what I'm talking about you can read about it here. Moral of the story - women wear the clothes, post themselves in the clothes on instagram, and then when you "like" the picture or take a screen shot of the picture, you get all the info - including links to the clothes. This thing was made for people like me. And for people like Kristie. Because we like the same things and have very similar wardrobes. Which leads me to....


These bad boys. These shoes are outrageously comfortable (and outrageously cute). Kristie needed taupe booties, I needed black booties, and lucky for us, they came in both colors. And we just happened to both wear them this past weekend. And by 'happened to,' I mean I called her and said "wear your booties so we can take a picture for Friday favorites." And props to Lisa who crawled on the floor to take this picture. I have some A+ friends, I tell ya :)

Seriously though - they're easy to wear on a long day, the thick heel gives a great amount of support, they're all kinds of airy (look at all those holes!) - this puppy is just such a great shoe.
_____

2 - Essie Nail Polish - "Excuse Me, Sur"



So I saw this polish color while I was in CVS one day (because CVS and Target are my 'go in for one thing, come out with ten things' stores), and I thought it looked like a perfect little spring color. Then I put it on all 10 nails and was initially overwhelmed. I'm not really a pink nail type of girl, and I was very much in debate on whether or not I liked it.

But then I got more compliments on this nail color than any other nail polish I've ever worn. And you know what sends a 'Katy-on-the-fence' completely over to the acceptance side? Affirmation. So after many many compliments and some time to get used to them - I now thoroughly enjoy them! 

And we (me and the masses) decided this is the perfect Easter color. It's like peeps on your fingertips. So in the event you're looking for a new color this Easter Sunday - this could be your winner!

Also - check out that picture. I'm basically straight outta Pinterest.

_____

3 - Breakfasts of Champions



In case you missed it, on Tuesday I shared five healthy breakfasts that are both delicious and ridiculously simple. And in the even you're (cracks neck) Whole 30, paleo-friendly, gluten free, 21-day fixing, or any other healthy hashtag out there... you can adapt them all to your liking :)

To see the breakfasts, click here. To see all other Trim Down Tuesday recipes, click here.

_____

4 -  Clinique Pore Refining Charcoal Face Mask

I'm in love with this face mask. I have tried many a face masks in my day, and this one is by far my favorite. I genuinely believe this mask takes a year off your life every time you use it. So I'm basically 16 again.


It's the normal type of mask that you slather all over your face and wait 10-15 minutes for it to dry, but y'all. When this puppy dries, your face gets so tight, it's basically like Botox. I mean, I'm not proud to say it, but the first time I used it I accidentally started drooling because I didn't close my mouth before letting it dry. That's gross good stuff right there.

Then when you take it off, you make like Benjamin Button and start aging backwards. Immediately use a thick moisturizer afterwards (I love Clinique's Moisture Surge night mask I told you about last March - pink bottle), and you will completely reset your skin. And who doesn't need a good reset some nights, am I right? #theyreusuallymondays

_____

5 - A Favorite & A Funny

And finally, because this crosses my mind every single time it asks me. 


SO. DANG. TRUE.
#lookingatyoutarget

_____

And those are my Five on Friday Favorites! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and you're full of candy and have tri-colored fingers come Monday. To those of you who have a long weekend: count your blessings. To those of us who don't: time to get ready for work.

Until next time,
Katy




1 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to buy that face mask! That's exactly what my skin needs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete