Monday, May 18, 2015

Like to Know It


.....ummmm. I just found out what this is. And I am fully aware that that statement may have just made me a total loser but y'all. I am amazed at this little program. 

My [way more 'in the know'] friend Kristie informed me of this last week, and due to being sick all week/end, I've spent quite a few hours familiarizing myself. Much to the detriment of my bank account. 

So, let's discuss.

What is it?

It's basically as if a virtual magazine/catalog meets a personal stylist - and you get advice without having to deal with real people. Did you follow? No? Okay. Let's try the how.

How does it work?

So you follow certain fashionistas on instagram, and then if you double tap, or 'like,' their photo, you get an email with every item of the outfit and a link to where you can buy it! How convenient is that? And I'm talking e.v.e.r.y. item in that photo: shoes, hats, accessories, lipstick - all of it. So it's on a don't ask, don't tell basis. If you follow someone and you only like a few of her outfits - you only get the information about those specific outfits. 

You can watch the official "how to" video here.

Why is it dangerous awesome? 

Because it's so convenient! ...almost too convenient. For example, I'm going on a beach vacation in a little over a month, so I'm on the lookout for all things beachy -- hats, bags, sunglasses, beachy maxi dresses, etc. Well ladies and gentlemen, the search is over, and I don't have to set foot in a store. Can I get an amen??

Plus, I'm not a good shopper. I'll be the first to admit. I'm a manikin-shopper. I walk in, and if the manikin is wearing it, I'll likely buy it. Am I proud of my lack of ability to dress trendy? No. But I'm real. So I might as well let the people that are good at it do it and I'll just learn from them!

Who should I follow?

Once you sign up, you can search the "featured" outfits to find certain stylists. If you find someone you like, I would check the price ranges of their items. If they have a larger closet budget than you do - it's not going to be as much fun. Find someone who makes outfits in your price range. Or, if you're like me, just ask your friends who are already well-versed in this trend who they follow :)

Here are my top three followers as of the moment:

@a_southerndrawl

@emilyanngemma

@blushingbasics

If you have other people I need to follow - please tell me. I'm pretty excited about this little nugget of knowledge I just embarked upon. And I cleaned out my closet/chest this weekend (take that May goals!) so I'm all kinds of ready for some new wardrobe pieces :)

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment