Sunday, May 10, 2015

To Mama


Y'all. This woman. 


I know. I've seen both Instagram and my Facebook newsfeed. Everyone thinks their mama is the greatest in the world. And honestly, that makes me really happy. Because that means the people I love are all blessed with sweet mamas.
But, true to fashion, that also means I think I have the best mama in the world :)


 My mama is the perfect combination of selfless and strong. She will move mountains to help those she loves. And she may be little, but she's a tough cookie. Where most would break, she merely only bends. She's a lover of all people - from the babies to the oldies, and if you picked a phrase out of the sky, she probably would know a song about it. 

 
She can do pretty much anything. But really I'm not kidding. She can turn weeds into a flower arrangement, a dump into a house worthy of HGTV, and any cool thing you see in the store....she can make it. She was pinterest before pinterest existed. And the baking. OH the baking. In high school my friends would come over just for the food. I'd walk down the stairs and there'd be my friends, sitting at the kitchen island, eating Susie's homemade something.


 I can only hope to one day be the mama to my kids that she was to me. I hope to have it all together. I hope to be a 'jack of all trades." I hope to be known for things like pepperoni pizza dip and turtle cake. I hope to be a teacher to my kids, but also a friend. And I hope that one day my kids love me as much as I love her. Because then I think I'd be doing pretty well. :) 

OH - but you know what the cool part is? I know I'm not there yet, and I know as a new mama I won't instantly know everything and have it all together, but I do know I have a mama who will be right by my side until I figure it out. She's amazing y'all. 

So here's to you, mom. Thanks for being everything we ever needed. For loving us no matter what. For putting our needs before yours and being there for us come hell or high water. For just being you. We are forever blessed, and forever grateful. 




"She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Proverbs 31:25-29





I love you Mom!
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment