Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Favorites: Friend Edition


I am SUPER excited about today's favorites! Why? Well let me just tell you. 

The favorites below are not necessarily my favorites. (Though after looking through them all, they're quickly becoming some of my favorites). But this week I asked some of my girls to tell me their favorites! So I guess you could say these are some of my favorites' favorites. :)


Eeks!! So excited! Okay, here we go.

_____________

Emily's Friday Favorite

Meet Emily. We're a lot alike. Our love languages consist of Blue Bell (yes, we're still loyal fans), cheesy Lifetime/Hallmark movies, puppies, porch swing chats, and spending time with our nephew/niece. 

Oh and we also bought tickets to the midnight showing of the Justin Bieber movie back in 2011. 



So Emily thought long and hard about her favorite and this is what she settled on:

The Wet Brush

According to Emily, this little puppy is "life changing." Oh and it's only about $10 at Target. Something life-changing for $10 is a must have. She claims that it cuts down on the post-shower hair brush by about 90% (and I've seen Em try to tackle lake tangles....it ain't pretty). 

I have one of these little nuggets and I can attest to its miraculous ways. What I don't understand is it looks exactly like a normal brush. Therefore it just has to have super power bristles. That's really the only answer. If you have long hair - you need this brush. It's a must have for your summer.

_____________



Kristie's Friday Favorite

Kristie is a girl you want in your corner. She's blunt (the good kind), super supportive, and practical. Oh and she's one of those who can watch HGTV....and then actually make it happen in her home. We share a love of bubble baths and Luke Bryan. 

And Kristie is SO practical, that when she sent me her favorite it was in a bulleted outline format with hyperlinks. :)


Rebecca Minkoff Handbags

This is what Kristie is drooling over loving these days. She originally found them on Like to Know It (she's actually the one who taught me about that little nugget of information) and has been researching ever since! See her favorite three below:

Left // Love Crossbody //  Black, Fog, Khaki
Center // Mini MAC // Smoke, Ice, or fun colors like Nautical (yay!), Pink, or Ultraviolet
Right // Quilted Affair // Black, Ice, and Seashell

The Love Crossbody and Quilted Affair also come in mini-versions if you so wish. Kristie also provided a nice lil tidbit: if you're in Texas and order one from Bloomingdales, you don't have to pay sales tax! (Cause we don't have Bloomies here). Thanks to this favorite I might be treating myself to a little birthday gift next month :)

____________________

Lauren's Friday Favorite

Lauren and I were roomies for two whole years! We met on our internship and immediately hit it off (thank you 15-hour workdays!) Then Lauren abandoned us moved to Fort Worth to be with her soon-to-be-coming-in-December HUBS! OH - and we're also huge huge fans of Mix and Match Mama and feel like she's our friend :)

I will say - I half expected her favorite to involve an elephant. Girl loooves her some elephants!

But alas, she chose...

Vail, Colorado


"Colorado in the summertime is hands down the best place in the world!!!  (disclaimer: I haven't been many places in the "world" outside of the United States ;) but I bet it still rivals some foreign destinations, too!)  Growing up, my family would take two trips to Colorado every year--one over Spring Break to ski and one right before school started to escape the 100+ degree days in Oklahoma. Skiing is great and all, but nothing beats Colorado in July/August... especially VAIL!! 

It's the perfect weather.  It gets plenty hot during the day but the evenings are in the 60s and there's almost always an afternoon thunderstorm, which is perfect for napping (Katy knows how much I love my afternoon naps). [KR: I've never met anyone that can match this girl's ability to nap!] My favorite part about Colorado in the summer is how much there is to do.  And most of it is outdoorsy.  Hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting, horseback riding in the mountain, 4-wheeling, some of the best farmers' market shopping you'll ever experience... I could go on and on.  I haven't been in two years and I'm dying to go... like now!  Vail, Colorado just makes me a happy girl.  If you're planning a trip, hit me up!! I'd love to give you some tips (and sneak myself into your luggage). Mmkay, thanks!"

 Straight from the girl's mouth - you heard her! Get yo'self to Vail! ...and watch for a Lauren in your luggage....

________________

Lisa's Friday Favorite

Lisa = Laughter

That's really all there is to it. She will instantly fill your heart with joy and turn any day into fun. She's a chef. Who can sing. And create. Anything. She can create anything. You should get to know her. And you can do so on her blog.

Oh and she's Monica and I'm Rachel.

"FlavorGod" Seasonings


"While this clean-eating, paleo meal-preppin master is all about a fully loaded spice cabinet, I'm also about efficiency. [KR: Yet the girl doesn't respond to alarms or wake-up calls....] After seeing rave reviews of this confidently named "FlavorGod" company, I had to give his seasonings a try myself! Hand-ground from fresh herbs and spices, plus completely healthy and preservative free, the flavor combos are just what I want without me having to combine it all myself.
Start out with a combo pack of the four original flavors and you cannot go wrong. I had never thought of ordering my spices online but large bottles and free shipping make this investment totally worth finding its way to your kitchen.

Side Tip: "Everything Spicy Seasoning" makes some BANGIN Sweet Potato Hash."

Well there you have it. Who doesn't want their food to be "bangin'?" Yeah I'm totally getting some of this. OR maybe I'll just stick myself in Lisa's kitchen for a taste test :) You can get the goods here.

________________ 

Kelsey's Friday Favorite 

Kels is my current roomie! We've actually lived together quite a few times over the years. The few years we didn't, we would still act like we did and watch TV shows together by starting the DVR at the exact same time and texting throughout. Things are a little easier when you share a couch :) 

In college, wherever there was a Katy there was a Kelsey, and wherever there was a Kelsey there was a Katy. It was just the way things were. 


So here's the thing. When I first asked Kelsey to choose a favorite, she chose Gatsby (her dog). I told her no ma'am, and that while he was indeed her favorite, that was cheating. SO - then she decided on No-Leg Larry, and when she sent me all the pictures, I just had to approve :)

No-Leg Larry







I die laughing every time I look at these photos. If a cup of coffee and No-Leg Larry can't make you smile on this Friday morning, I'm not sure what can :) Man I love this little dog.

_________________

And there you have it! Those are some of my favorites' favorites! And as a bonus round - this picture has been sent to me probably 30 times in the past 48 hours:


Not wanting to make light of the flooding problems by any means, I just think it's humorous that everyone knows how serious I am about my Blue Bell. 

Happy weekend everyone! Enjoy the last bits of May 2015 to the fullest. For those of you that are in the Texas/Oklahoma region...hang in there. It looks like it's going to be another rainy one...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment