Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


The last Wednesday of the month means I'm linking up with these girls for another rendition of What's Up Wednesday! I can't believe it's already the end of the month. Where did May go!? 

 
What I'm eating this week...

Well, quite frankly, I'm eating a lot of sweets. When Blue Bell was around, I could have a bowl and move on with life. Or I could not have a bowl. Because it was always readily available, so I could take it or leave it. But it's no longer readily available. So now I'm just eating anything and everything that is sweet just to find a replacement. ...I still haven't found one. Just in case you were curious. 


What I'm reminiscing about...

Outfits. Y'all this whole Like to Know It discovery mixed with Memorial Day sales has me constantly thinking of outfits and color combos. And let me tell you this - it.is.not.good.for.my.bank.account. But it is so much fun! It's like those girls in the instagram photos inspire me to be a cuter version of Katy.

What I'm loving...

Working 40 hour weeks. This is a rare thing in my profession (especially over the last year or so), and I'm finally feeling like myself again. I get to fill out my calendar with evening activities! I get to go to the gym, I get to cook, I get to see people! Stella's gettin' her groove back, y'all. (Friends reference...anyone? anyone?)

What I've been up to...

Rain. We've been up to so much rain. And it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. We had another huge thunderstorm last night, but that didn't stop me and these three loves from having a little girls night out!! :)


What I'm dreading...

Turning 27. 

Ask Kelsey. I had an "I'm getting old" breakdown the other night. The struggle is real.

What I'm working on...

My "Thirty before Thirty" list. I am currently working on a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I'm finalizing/publishing the list on my birthday this year, so that will give me three whole years to complete. I'm pretty dang excited about this little project of mine. So the compilation of that list is what I've been working on. (And if you have any must-dos please let me know!)

What I'm excited about...
Being an aunt... again! This past month we found out that Amy is due with Baby #2 in December! So while I absolutely love the holidays (probably too much), this year it's even more exciting! We don't have any December babies in the family, so we're pretty dang excited about this one!

Brooklyn is going to be the cutest big sister :)

What I'm watching/reading...

Unfortunately we're in the "TV in-between." And I HATE the TV in-between. My winter/spring shows have ended, and my summer shows haven't started. Therefore my DVR is manageable and I'm not happy about it. SO - I've been working on my Friday Night Lights binge (almost through!) and watching Friends marathons. Because Chandler's humor never gets old to me.

What I'm listening to...

 Yep. Stiiiiiiiiill country.

What I'm wearing...

Anything navy, white, and nautical. That's apparently going to be my themed outfit for the summer. Pretty much everything I've purchased last weekend was navy and nautical. 


What I'm doing this weekend...
This weekend Jeff and I are headed to his parent's lake house, which just so happens to be right over near Canton! So me and his mama are going to do a little shopping along with our R&R!


What I'm looking forward to next month...

NEXT MONTH IS BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one of those obnoxious brilliant people who celebrate their birthday all month long. It's also pretty necessary when your birthday is during wedding month. Since the odds of all my peeps being available to celebrate all at once, I have to celebrate in mini-groups. And that's actually a-okay with me. So I'm super excited for birthday month! Now, turning 27 gives me severe anxiety, but we just won't focus on that part. 


OH - and in a week and a half, the fam and I are Boston-bound for an extra long celebratory weekend of my 5-year radiation anniversary! Pretty exciting stuff right there.

and the seasonal question for the month...
What is your favorite thing to grill in the summer?

Whatever sweet Jeffrey grills me. That boy certainly knows how to work his way around a grill.

And that's what's up! Happy hump day everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. I can't agree with you more on the navy blue & white right now - I can't get enough of it! Enjoy Boston - my family is looking to go for a long weekend this summer so share any favorites! Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also loving Navy right now! And, congrats on your upcoming 5 year radiation free anniversary!
    Thanks for linking up with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always into navy and white nautical things! I blame my stepdad being a tugboat captain and my hometown being right on a river. I love Friends and will never get sick of Chandler's jokes either.

    ReplyDelete