Thursday, May 28, 2015

Owning the Crazy


On this Thursday we are owning all the crazy

I'm a quirky person. Hey guess what, you are too. That's what makes people-loving so fun. We all are unique individuals who enjoy the common and laugh at the uncommon. 


Never be normal. Never be boring. Be you. We love you for you. People love me for me and I am here to tell you that it ain't always easy :) I'm a little crazy. But that's okay...cause today I'm owning the crazy :)

-- Every morning, I check to make sure I've turned off my curling iron/straightener/coffee maker about 5 times before I walk out the door. I've even been known to take pictures for peace of mind. I'm terrified of burning the house down.

-- Similar to that above, Kelsey's dog, Gatsby, is a smaller dog who tends to like to escape out an open door every now and then. One day last week I circled around the block and came home three different times to make sure he was still in the house. Needless to say I was late to work that day. 

-- At the workplace I am very much Type A, but in my personal life I have so many Type A friends, that I like to kick back, relax, and just let them take care of me. I can go from Type A to Type F real quick.

-- I only will drink water out of water bottles. It's due to no reason and is not a personal preference. But I promise you if a bottle of water is on my desk, it'll be gone within 10 minutes. If a glass of water is on my desk, it'll sit there all day.

-- If someone makes me mad/sad/anything but happy, my world will instantly fall apart. I don't have the ability to separate my emotions from....well anything. BUT, in about 30 minutes I'll be pretty much over it. I have a short fuse, and insta-tears, but I can't hold a grudge to save my life.

-- I am extremely incapable of making a decision. Like I just can't do it. Unfortunately, Jeff can't either. The majority of our little 'tiffs' are centered around our inability to pick a restaurant. No joke.

-- I don't wear jeans. But I really want to. I seriously think I'm scared of them. I just don't think there are jeans out there for my body type. So yes, I have a fear of wearing jeans. 

-- When I'm on long car rides alone, I'll turn on some good female country and pretend I'm in a music video. I'll even turn on the AC full blast for the windblown effect. And yes I just admitted that.

-- I've never (ever) successfully completed a diet/cleanse/challenge. Not exaggerating. I have no will power. If I want the ice cream, I will eat the ice cream.

-- If I think about an awkward or uncomfortable moment/situation, I'll say "NO" out loud. It's a problem. It's happened in meetings. No idea why. It's like my subconscious doesn't want to relive it and needs to make it known to the rest of the body.

So there's ten Katy crazies for you. For those of you who don't know me, well, I hope I didn't scare you off and you'll continue to 'keep up with Katy.' (See what I did there?) For those of you who do know me, I'm pretty sure you all just chuckled and nodded in agreement. Thanks for loving my crazy :)

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment