Monday, December 8, 2014

Chaotic Christmas Checklist


Tis the season to be BUSY (falalalala la la la la)
 
Remember when we had a week between Thanksgiving and the beginning of December? That was cool. I really miss that. Now I feel like all my December "to-dos" are squished! I mean, it’s December 8th and have I decorated yet? Nope. Shameful, I know. But I just haven’t had time! I did order my Christmas cards last night though – that’s a plus.
 
There are so many fun things I always want to do during the holly-days, but thanks to the hustle and bustle – I never get to them! SO – I made a checklist. More specifically, a “Chaotic Christmas Checklist.” It’s pure fact: if it’s on a list, it has a better chance of happening.
 
Note: I love lists. I don’t understand how people get anything done without them. Sticky notes, napkins, the notes app on my phone – all lists. I undoubtedly get this from my mother, and I’m so glad I did. I just love a good list.
 
I decided to limit the list to 10 festivities give myself the full month of December to get them done! I’ll report back on December 31st with my results :)
 
 
 
1. Decorate (duh!) – this seems like a no brainer, but again, it’s December 8th and I’m still sportin’ pumpkins, leaves, and acorns all over my house
2. Donate to a Charity – cause it’s always good to count your blessings and share some
3. Christmas Lights and Cocoa – I live a few blocks away from Highland Park (hello large gorgeous homes), so Christmas lights with hot cocoa-to-go are a must have!
4. Attend (and host!) a Christmas party – the “host” portion is to help ensure #1 happens!
5. Go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra – I’ve never been! Jeff has and he loved it so I’m super excited for that date night J
6. Try all the Blue Bell holiday flavors – counting down the days my friends, I’m counting down the days…
7. Go to a Christmas program – cause they’re good for the holiday soul
8. Visit the Gaylord Texan ICE! Exhibit – I don’t do cold well, but it’s worth it!
9. Go ice skating in the Galleria – my hiney already hurts just thinking about all the falls that are bound to happen
10.  Holiday in the Park (Six Flags) – this one’s mainly for the boy. He keeps asking, so I figured it’s only fair to put it on the list!
 
And there you have it! My Chaotic Christmas Checklist. Here goes nuthin!
 
Merry Monday everyone!
 
Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment