Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Heath Bars


This past weekend I took half of Friday off and went home to Beaumont to surprise my mama! My dad went out of town to his 50th high school reunion so I showed up on their doorstep! We stayed in all weekend and had a completely girly weekend. I'm talking countless hours of girl talk, nail painting, Hallmark movies, face masks, and baking. I love baking with my mama. She's the best baker in the world!

The Heath Bar

For Christmas, she got both of us these cookbooks of "America's Most Wanted Recipes....Just Desserts." Yes, please. 


While she was out getting Chick-Fil-A for lunch, I skimmed the table of contents to choose a dessert. For those of you who are dear to my heart, you are aware that this past holiday season I discovered the heath bar. And now I'm obsessed. So when my eyes hit "Starbucks Heath Bar" I stopped scanning. That's what we were making. 

It's a pretty simple recipe that needs common household ingredients. I brought them to work today for a treat during a meeting and holy moly were they a hit. My name was cursed. In the good way :) Let's just say I'm pretty sure no person had 'just one.'

Here's what you'll need: 

1 1/2 sticks - unsalted butter
1 1/2 sticks - margarine

1 1/4  cups - sugar
1 1/4 cups - light brown sugar
3 eggs
4 cups - flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups - semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups - white chocolate chips
3 bags - Heath bar bits

...I didn't say they were healthy. I said they were a hit :)

Here's what you'll do:

Cream the butter and margarine (with an electric mixer), then add in both sugars til the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in each egg, one at a time, and add the vanilla extract.

 
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt - gradually add into the mixture above

Fold in all the many sweet pieces (chocolate, white, and heath bits)



Pour the batter into a greased 15 x 19 pan (think Texas sheet cake size) and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes


And there you have it! The simple, yet scrumptious, heath bar. 

Enjoy! 

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment