Monday, April 27, 2015

Workout Wardrobe


The past couple of weeks I've been doing a little shopping, and one of the things I was scoping out was some new work out clothes. I've been doing better about getting my tail to the gym, but unfortunately that means I'm doing laundry waaaaay too often.

And no one wants that. So obviously I need more work out clothes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to be smart about this. I love LuLu Lemon, but I can't afford an entire closet of their clothes. My closet budget has to cover work and play, too - not just the gym. BUT -  I do appreciate good quality and am willing to pay a little more if they'll hold up through the frequent visits to sweaty group fitness classes and the washing machine. 

A couple of weeks ago in a Friday Favorite, I shared these new favorite workout pants of mine from Gap. They fit so well and make me so happy that it put me on a mission to search for more. Well and also because my friends were starting to judge me for wearing the same pants all the time.

Dang it.
So I am a huge fan of Kate Hudson. She's adorable and tiny and I could watch her romantic comedies over and over again (especially those starring Mr. McConaughey). She started her own fitness clothing line called Fabletics and I finally jumped on the bandwagon. Your first outfit is $25. ....did you see what I just said? OUTFIT. Not your first pair of pants, not your first workout tank - your first outfit. So naturally I signed up. 

I got the Mossyrock Park.


It's a three-part outfit: printed capris (in a ton of different colors), a white tank, and a bandeau top in the color of your choice. Due to my love of purple, I chose these. Who's surprised?


I was interested to see material/quality when they came in, aaaaand have no fear. They're awesome. And ridiculously soft. Needless to say I'm excited for my monthly picks. Which leads me to: how does Fabletics work

On the first of every month, Fabletics will send you an email with suggested selections (based on a survey you take). You have until the 5th to make a purchase or pass. If you pass before the 5th, you will not be charged. And you can skip as many months you would like and can cancel this process at any time. No harm no foul. So I'm really excited to check my email on Friday morning :)

So that's what Kate's got going on. Now let's check in on Carrie. Yes, I apparently buy from my favorite famous people. But y'all know how I feel about my girl Carrie, how could I not look into her new line? Carrie teamed up with Dick's Sporting Goods and started CALIA by Carrie Underwood.

I spent some time on her website this weekend, and while I didn't see too many tanks/tops I loved, I found a must-have pair of pants. I'm slightly obsessed with these smokey plum leggings...


They're the essential tight fit leggings and come in the plum color above and black. They also have capri versions. I just love them. I think my favorite features are the back and bottoms...


Love love. 

Okay so those are my latest finds. I'm still on the search (probably will be all summer) so I'll report back with my new finds. And for those reading, if you have a favorite - I need to know. My work-out wardrobe begs and pleads of you. 

OH and I'll try to buy something other than purple in the future...

Until next time,
Katy




1 comments:

  1. Selecting Workout Leggings was always a difficult task for me. Some of the things you have mentioned are very much applicable to me also. I also want my leggings to withstand all the daily usage plus washing machine. I also cannot buy very expensive ones for daily use. Some of the options you have talked about seem worth a try.

    ReplyDelete