Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Favorites


I love weekends. I embrace them with a smile and open arms. They are my best friend. 

If you couldn't guess, I'm thrilled it's Friday. 



 Per usual, I'm linking up for a round of Friday Favorites. Little things in life that make me smile and make me happy. Little things that make the Monday through Thursday a little more bearable while awaiting another Friday. 

1 - YOU People



A couple of weeks ago I shared with y'all my upcoming 9-week jaunt to Australia! And people, y'all were SO overwhelming with excitement, support, and really great advice! I've been virtually introduced to several people/relatives over there and so many suggestions of where to go! Y'all pretty much quadrupled my level of excitement. I think I've pretty much nailed down my travel plans after I finish working and am beyond pumped (as are my visitors!). So y'all are definitely on my favorites this week. 

Much love to you all, mates. 

(See what I did there?! How am I doing? Am I a native yet?)

_____

2 - Kendra Scott Eleanor Necklace


Back in March, I told you about how I was absolutely loving this new little Eleanor staple necklace. Sooo I ordered it. Because I went in the store and they told me it was sold out. And then I asked if they were getting any more in stock. And they said no. And I said but I want it. And let me tell you - when you want something and can't have it - you want it so much more! So they called the Atlanta store and shipped it to me. Thanks, Kendra. 

I literally wear this all the time. It went on my neck and only comes off when I switch it out for a statement necklace. Then it goes right back on. It even looks great with my jammies :) 

_____

3 - Shrimp and Shroom Zoodles



As part of operation "not ralph when I see myself in a swimsuit," I've forced myself opted to start a new weekly series: Trim Down Tuesday. This week I shared my first zucchini noodle ("zoodle") recipe and it was quite delicious. Get the dish here.

_____

4 - LuLu Lemon Wunder Crop




So this favorite has a funny story. I went to the gym directly after work one day, and mid-ensemble change, I realized I forgot work out pants. And I didn't quite think my pencil skirt would "give" in the right way to properly support yoga. BUT the class started like 15 minutes later and I knew there was no way I could go home and get back in time, and I also knew that once I got home and saw my pup's face, I wouldn't leave the house. 

SO, I redressed and marched my happy tail to the gym's in-store clothing store. Also to be noted, I don't do printed pants. I just began accepting printed tops, but have not yet embraced the printed pant. Yet of course I walk in the store and the only thing I see are printed pants. Soooo many printed pants. 

And since I was bound and determined to make it to this yoga class, I bought some. And I now refer to them as my dalmatian pants. And I wear them all the time. Because 1) they're insanely comfortable, 2) I get complimented on them every time I wear them, and 3) they're high-top and hold everything in. So they're magical. 

You can find your own magic here.

Also - note the necklace and see #2 :)

____

5 - Spotify Playlist - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"


via
Not gonna lie, this might be my favorite favorite of the week. Wednesday night we had a recruiting event down at Baylor, and we were amazed at the spot-on tunes happening in the background. Come to find out, it was just the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Spotify playlist. 

So naturally, that is what Mercedes and I listened to the whole ride back from Waco, and we.were.JAMMIN. This playlist will seriously just make you happy. Listen to it when in the car, getting ready in the morning, walking your dog, having people over - this playlist is the jam. 

You're welcome. 

____

And that's a wrap!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Until next time,
Katy







1 comments:

  1. Australia will be so exciting!! Love that necklace. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete