Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Trim Down Tuesday: Overnight Oats


I went out on a limb, tried something I never thought I'd like, and now it's my new favorite breakfast/snack. 

Like I crave it.

And there are not many healthy things that I crave. #rabbitfoodisboring

For this Trim Down Tuesday, I give you...

Overnight Oats


Celebrities swear by it, but as I don't have any red carpet appearances on my calendar, it wasn't even on my radar. Then Mercedes made me try some at work, and it wasn't half bad! Then I made my own batch on a whim, and by the end of the jar - I was hooked. 

They're so filling, so tasty, and such a great detox. And if that wasn't enough for you - you make them the night before, so they're easy and quick to just grab-n-go the next morning.

If you don't like oatmeal - don't write me off. Jeff hates oatmeal and he's hooked, too. 
If the thought of cold soaked oats grosses you out (and I understand how it would) - don't knock it til you try it. I never thought I would like this...and I love it. 

There are all kinds of concoctions out there to try (pinterest, anyone?), but this is my staple go-to recipe:

What You'll Need

1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp chia (or flax) seeds
1 tbsp raw agave
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 small apple (chopped)

What You'll Do

Before you go to bed, mix the oats, milk, seeds and agave together in a container (with a lid).

Place in refrigerator. 

The next morning (or prior to eating), mix in cinnamon and diced apple. 

THAT'S IT. 

So simple. So healthy. So delicious. 
I'm obsessed. 

And there's your Trim Down Tuesday!

Until next time,
Katy


1 comments: