Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trim Down Tuesday: Clean Chicken Salad


Chicken salad is my kryptonite. 

Especially when the weather heats up. 

My all-time favorite chicken salad comes from this tiny little restaurant in my hometown. My dad and I would go there at least twice a week when I worked for him during the summer, and even to this day, every time I come home for a visit, there's a to-go container in the fridge waiting for me :)

The bad news is - it has a cream cheese base. And while cream cheese is all that is goodness and delicious....it's not going to assist in the trim down process. 

And just for the record, that is SO lame

Nevertheless, I decided to try my hand at a healthy chicken salad, and I must say, my first go-around was a success! It's extremely easy to throw together, and pretty cheap too.

You know when you're eating healthy and you don't really look forward to meals? #squashonsquashonsquash
Well this one I actually look forward to :) Serve it on a piece of wheat bread for a little extra sustenance and you're good to go!

Also....don't judge the picture. Chicken salad just isn't very.....pretty. 


What You'll Need

3-4 cooked chicken breasts
(or buy a cooked rotisserie chicken and call it a day)
1 single serving plain greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
2 tbsp lemon juice
Cluster of grapes, halved
Celery...or not
Salt and pepper to tast

What You'll Do

Shred the chicken (little tip: it's easier when it's warm!)
Stir in single serving of yogurt and lemon juice
Add in grapes, celery, and anything else you want in your salad
Mix and add salt and pepper to taste

And there you have it! Simple, delicious, and a lighter on the hips. Yes, yes, and yes.

To see other Trim Down Tuesday foods, click here.

We will conquer bathing suit season. We will!! (fist pump)

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment