Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


So I was planning out my blogs earlier this week, and this wasn't one of them.

Then yesterday morning I was reading the blog of the girl who creates the What's Up Wednesday link-up, and at the end she was all like "don't forget tomorrow is What's Up Wednesday!" 

...and I'm all like, wait what? There's no way it's already the last Wednesday of the month. 

Oh but yes. It is. October has come and gone. 

I mean I know the fall flies by and all, but gracious. I feel like I just completely missed October. 

Nevertheless, I got my act together and we're ready to rock some What's Up Wednesday!



What I'm Eating this Week

Yesterday I posted about my first experience with Shepherd's Pie. Before this experience, the extent of my knowledge was that time when Rachel Green combined the trifle with the Shepherd's Pie for Thanksgiving dinner. So basically not much knowledge at all. 

My bestie Lisa gave me the recipe for her paleo Shepherd's Pie - and I am such a fan! It's great right out of the oven, it's great as leftovers, and it's healthy but still tastes fantastic. 

If you're also new to Shepherd's Pie, I'd HIGHLY recommend her version. And it's quite easy too! We're talking less than 15 minutes to prep. You can check out the recipe here! 


What I'm Loving

If you're friends with me on Facebook, then you know how much I FREAKED out yesterday at the first Gilmore Girls trailer. Last week, the promo pictures were released, so on Friday I talked about how excited I was ...but now? Now I can hardly contain myself. 

Wanna-be-residents of Stars Hollow are LOSING THEIR MINDS over this trailer. And if you've never watched Gilmore Girls, then the trailer will do nothing for you. Gilmore Girls is an investment. With some serious return. Eh - scratch that. Gilmore Girls is basically a religion. And church starts back November 25th.


One month from yesterday, y'all. Jeff and I haven't quite figured out our Thanksgiving plans yet, but as far as I'm concerned - I'm busy on the 25th. 

If you missed the trailer (I am so very sorry for you) and you can watch it here! 

What I'm Working On

Figuring out my life. 

I think I'm having a somewhat delayed quarter-life crisis. I'm just re-thinking and re-evaluating every aspect of my life. And I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but it's causing a lot of unsettledness (pretend that's a word). The planner in me doesn't really like the uncertain or the unsettled, so I'm really just trying to hit my knees and let the Lord lead me.

What I'm Excited About

So I know I just talked about television, BUT... I'm so.stinking.excited for the Christmas Hallmark Movies to begin. And the new ones kick off THIS SATURDAY! 

 
...I know, I know. On Friday I was just defending pumpkins and proclaiming my loyalty to them. But this? This is a whole 'nother level. If you know me but at all, you know I live for these movies. And I get it from my dad. We are baseball people, and we are Hallmark people. And the two are not mutually exclusive.

Last year, I wrote a post on the common themes of Hallmark Christmas movies, and rereading it just made me all the more excited. For all the cheese and all the predictability. If you missed the post, or need a reason to get pumped up - you can read it here

I'm not sure when all the old Christmas Hallmark movies will start airing (#checkyourlocallistings), but this Saturday kicks off the new movies, with a new movie airing every Saturday AND Sunday up until January. (insert hallelujah-hand-emoji here)

You can check out the new movie listings here

What I'm Watching

Umm....between Gilmore Girls and the Hallmark channel (oh, and all my regular weekly shows), I think we're good on that front. 

What I'm Reading

Last weekend I posted this picture on Instagram and claimed this to be one of my most favoritest books. ....and I was only ten pages in. 



Y'all - this book is AMAZING. It's captivating, it's inspiring, it's hilarious. It's just such a good read. And if you've ever heard Chip/Joanna talk, you can actually hear them tell their story. 

I would be highly surprised if you're disappointed by this book.
So you should basically go buy it like...today.

What I'm Listening To

....and Brad Paisley has done it again. 


This song gives me all the feels and all the chills. His lyrics just cut through the crap and tug right and your heart strings. I'm seriously hoping he performs this at the CMAs next week!

What I'm Doing This Weekend

Fortunately, my calendar is pretty wide open this weekend. It's rare, it's beautiful, and it's also appreciated considering the next couple of weekends have like no white space on the calendar. SO, I'm going to be reading the Magnolia Story, watching the Hallmark Channel, and saving up on the sleeps. 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

Eeeks!! I love November!! 

I'm looking forward to the CMAs, the Baylor/OU game (and hoping for the opposite outcome of last year), the continue of the pumpkin flavors, the Macy's Day Parade, Black Friday sales, being so stuffed I can't move, and the start of Christmas commercials. 

Oh, and for the love, please give me some cooler weather. 
We're still waiting on "fall" down here in Texas. 

_____

And that's what's up! Happy hump day everyone!

Until next time,
Katy


 

1 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, I quarter life crisis is a REAL THING! I had one, for sure. Sounds like some good stuff going on in your life. Love Brad Paisley!

    ReplyDelete