Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Birthday Weekend Wrap Up


Woah. 

So not to 'rinse and repeat' from last week, but I really had honest to goodness intentions of posting this yesterday...

....but I had a case of the sleepies. And after you see this birthday weekend wrap up, you'll understand why. 

Also, just for the record - this weekend made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have the best group of people EVER in my corner, and I know that as long as I have them, year 28 is going to be juuuuuuust fine :)

The "weekend" kicked off on Wednesday night (my actual birthday was Thursday), with roommate night and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. This has been my favorite ice cream cake since I was a kid: mint chocolate chip ice cream with a chocolate cake. Yeah buddy. 


And you know what else we did? We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching episode after episode of Brothers and Sisters. Because that's what 28 year-olds do. They binge watch TV on a "school night" and feel really cool and rebellious.

The next morning, my sweet mama drove up to take me to a birthday brunch and play! We had brunch at Mercat Bistro in downtown Dallas, followed by apartment looking and a little West Village shopping :)


Isn't she the prettiest?! 

OH - and then because I had Baskin Robbins on the brain, we did a little more celebrating. 
With a little more mint chocolate chip.


After my mom left, I got all dolled up for a dinner with my sweet man. He showed up and showered me with flowers, gifts, and pasta. 

Rest assured, no meatballs were thrown at me. I more mean that he took me to an Italian restaurant I've been wanting to try for forever (#gimmeallthenoodles), and boy did we eat our little hearts out. 


I kinda like him a lot :)

Then we had chocolate cake (candle included) and it was the perfect ending to my food coma.

  
No seriously. After an appetizer, pasta, and dessert, the waitress asked me what my plans were for the rest of the night. I quickly replied with "go to bed." :)

I'm a wild and crazy 28 year old, y'all.  

Friday night was a milestone for the family. It was Brooklyn's first dance recital! And let me tell you - my heart all but exploded. I was basically squealing when she was on stage. In fact, the whole family was. We were quite the loud (and proud) obnoxious bunch. 

Seriously - look at this lil bunny. I can't even. 


And now for the post-recital family photo shoot. Because that's just what you do.


We're pretty smitten with this little one :)


 Okay fine. They are too.
Okay fine. We all are!


 Two former dancers and a new one on the horizon!

Saturday morning, my sweet girls and I got together for a little brunch action. We hit one of my favorite spots and ate the heck out of it. Then we went to the rooftop for some mimosas and a Dallas skyline picture :)


Ohmygosh I love these girls so much. 

And then, naturally, we walked down the street to get popsicles. Because once you turn 28, your birthday brunch ends in popsicles. 


By the way, if you're in the Dallas area and haven't tried Steel City Pops over on lower Greenville - you must go soon. It will be your summer go-to.

Whew. Are you tired yet? I'm getting there. But we have to rally. Because Saturday night we had a wedding to attend!

Two of our favorite people from work got hitched on Saturday night, so we celebrated and danced and rang in the newlyweds. 

She made such a classy and beautiful bride! We love you Megan!


My cute and favoritest dancing partner :)


Aaaaand maybe my favorite picture of the night. I love a good glowstick handout at a wedding.


Sunday was FATHER'S DAY, and while we celebrated up right, I'm saving that for another post. Because quite frankly, this one is getting a little lengthy and it deserves its own post. 

But I am glad I postponed this blog post a day, because last night I went over to Lisa's to see her new house, and not only did she make me dinner, but she also got me a birthday cake. Have I mentioned I have the bestest friends? Seriously. The best.


Pardon my appearance. It was a Monday.

And that was the birthday weekend of 28! And I couldn't have asked for more :)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

1 comments:

  1. Happy 28th!!! This looks like such an amazing birthday week!! YUM! To all the cakes and goodies! Love that red lace dress!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete