Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June Book Review



via
Well it has been a hot minute since I've done a book review.

I blame the whole "binge watch TV shows" thing...

But alas, I am here today with four books to discuss! I actually feel like I read much more than four books worth, but I think that's because two of the four books I read were pretty lengthy... 

Anywho - let's begin. 

_____

Me Before You
by JoJo Moyes

via
Okay, so I don't know if I just had really high expectations for this book (because everyone else ranted and raved about it), but I didn't quite care for this book. In fact, I didn't even finish it. It honestly was just too slow for me. I got to the halfway point of the book and still nothing had actually happened. I found myself forcing myself to keep reading (mainly because I hate having a book on my Nook that shows anything other than 100%), but I couldn't do it. I'm probably the only person who doesn't care for this book, I know. But I'm still totally going to see the movie!

_____

Ladies' Night
by Mary Kay Andrews
via
 Jeff and I went to Barnes and Noble one Sunday after church, and I saw this bright, fun-colored book on the bargain buy table. I'd never read any Mary Kay Andrews' books, but for $6, I thought I'd give her a try - and I loved it! This book is about a blogger who is going through a divorce (her ex made me downright angry), and basically has to learn how to rebuild herself - with the help of her new friends she made in divorce therapy. The book was kind of long - but it had me intrigued the whole time. I would definitely give another one of her books a read!

_____

Not Quite Forever
by Catherine Bybee
via
 Kristie got be hooked on Catherine Bybee a couple of years ago. It all started with her "Weekday Bride" Series (Wife by Wednesday, Married by Monday, etc.), and we've been reading them ever since. This is the fourth book of her "Not Quite" Series. Catherine's books have a little suspense, a little action, and a whole lotta romance. These books are ones my mom would identify as "saucy books." They're a quick, easy, fun read!

_____

The Nightingale
by Kristin Hannah


via
This currently has the running for my #1 book of 2016. 

Jeff's mom read it and told me it was a must-read, but honestly, when she told me what it was about I wasn't too interested. It's about two sisters who survive the war between Germany and France. And while I have zero interest in history (#mathandenglishgirl), I couldn't put it down. This book is over 400 pages and I read it in 48 hours. (An 8-hour round trip flight to Boston helped!)

It has action, suspense, love, history, family values - it's just a really good book. A must read recommendation if I do say so myself! 

PS I totally cried. 

_____

And those are my four books this month! 

Seeing as I have a 17-hour flight coming up in...ohhhh 28 days, if you have any must reads, NOW is the time to tell me about them!
#pleasepleaseprettyplease
#iamsogoingstircrazyonthatplane


Check back in tomorrow for a little TBT action :)

An to see my other book reviews, click here!

Until next time,
Katy





0 comments:

Post a Comment