Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Paleo Turkey Taco Meatballs


In my Friday Favorites last week, I shared with you how I've completely fallen in love with these turkey meatballs. Ask Jeff - I ate them every day last week, and texted him every time to tell him how wonderful they were. 

I don't do the paleo thing on a regular basis (hello, sweet tooth here), but generally if a recipe refers to itself as paleo, then I'm down to try it. If it's healthy enough for paleo people then it is certainly healthy enough for me!


And they're super simple! I've read several meatball recipes and just adapted my own:

What You Need

1 lb ground turkey
taco seasoning
1 cup almond meal
2 eggs
diced onion

No really - that's it. You can also add any and everything else you want in this little meatball, but for me, this was enough.

What You'll Do

Throw it all in a bowl
Mix it with your hands (kinda gross, kinda cool)
Roll it into balls (golf ball size)
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes

It honestly doesn't get much easier than that. The texture...the seasonings...my mouth is seriously watering.

And they're so versatile!

...You can throw them on top of some spaghetti squash with tomato sauce for a little healthy Italian. Or you can throw them on top of pasta for actual Italian. 

...You can chop them up and throw them in a taco or on a salad. 

...You can throw them on top of brown rice with a little avocado...which is what I did last week. SO delicious guys. The ingredients cost like $12. And it makes 30 meatballs and will feed you all week. You have to give them a try!


Happy munching!! 

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment