Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


IT'S WEDNESDAY!!!!! 

Which means we're chatting about what's up. And I still can't believe another month has passed, but since I feel like I talk about that every single time I do this post...we'll just dive into the details :)

 

What I'm Eating this Week {Month}

Hah, my initial response to this was "not too well." But it's oh so true. I kicked July off with a beach vacation and have been shoving in ice cream ever since. Oh well. This is real life. We'll do better in August. BUT for those of you that are looking to indulge a little, see my Friday Favorites: Food Edition post here. Because sometimes you have to turn your unhealthy habits into a blog theme :)




What I'm Reminiscing About

July was a pretty fantastic month! Work picked up for a couple of weeks which left little room for too-much-social, but considering I started July in the Dominican Republic, went to Houston for a great weekend with friends, and just wrapped up a family reunion in Mississippi, I'd say it was still pretty successful!

What I'm Loving

My new faux fur vest from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I bought a handful of items (see "what I'm wearing" below), but seeing as this little nugget is thick and cozy - there ain't no way I'm wearing this yet. But I'm still loving it. 


When I blogged about my anniversary finds last week, they only had one size left, but I just looked and they've restocked! The sale ends August 3rd - this is your week, people! Prepare for the winter! And prepare for lots of hugs. Because I mean hello - this vest says "hug me." 
(Also comes in black)

What I'm Dreading

Okay. So as I've mentioned before, my sweet friend Kristie paid it forward and bought my the Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover" book. I started reading it on the flight to MS last weekend and y'all, this makeover is gonna hurt. 

I will say I'm also secretly excited and my inner nerd is way pumped to bust out a spreadsheet, budget, and "trim my financial fat," but again. It's going to hurt. So I guess you can say I'm both dreading and looking forward to this. Real life, peeps. Real life.

What I'm Excited About

I.AM.SO.EXCITED.FOR.THE.FALL. 


This picture makes me giddy. And makes me want to go to Hobby Lobby. All whilst holding a pumpkin spice latte. I mean, you can call me the cliche human that talks about scarves and boots and vests (oh my!) - but I don't even care. I am itching for fall. Summer was great, but it loses its excitement when you still have to go to work. But fall? Fall is something I think everyone can enjoy. HURRY UP FALL.

What I'm Watching/Reading

I'm actually reading a lot this month, but I'm saving that for a post-book-club-blog so today we're going to focus on what I'm watching. You can see my regular summer shows here, but I recently just saw the tail end of an episode of "The Astronauts Wives Club" and y'all. Wade Kinsella is on that show. Remember my boy toy from Hart of Dixie? No? Okay this will help...


Yeah. Him. So I'm absolutely jumping on the Astronaut show wagon. Does anyone else watch it!? 

I also found out DCC: Making the Team premieres next Thursday (8/6) on CMT. So I will definitely be recording that as well. 


What I'm Listening To

Still country, but specifically....a lot of Garth Brooks. Why, you ask? Cause I'm going to his concert in Dallas in September!!! Heck to the yes, please. 

What I'm Wearing

Eeks! All my other Nordie's finds! See the post with links and descriptions here. How is this my first #NSale? Things I don't understand...


PS wore my Zella pants to hot yoga on Monday. While they're indeed awesome pants, they're certainly not miracle workers. Almost passed out.

What I'm Doing This Weekend

This weekend we're celebrating THIS little cutie who turns THREE! She's way excited about her Minnie Mouse birthday party. And I'm way excited to celebrate her. 


Also, Saturday night Dad and I are going to our annual Father's Day Ranger's game! This will be our fourth year in a row so we're pretty excited. And dad said he's buying a red shirt to spice up the pictures :)


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

I don't want to give too much away (I'll be talking about it with my monthly goals on Monday), but I'm excited to focus on me in August. Okay that sounded way conceited. Not how I meant it. I'm just going to focus on a lot of my dreams, my struggles, my goals, etc. I'm kind of giving myself a little mini-makeover, if you will. And I'm pretty pumped about it. But more to come on Monday!

And that's What's Up this Wednesday!!!

Have a wonderful hump day!

Until next time,
Katy

1 comments:

  1. Love that faux fur vest from the sale & all your other picks! I'm so excited for fall as well! Wade Kinsella is on AWC?! Oh my! I can't wait to watch that show but knowing that he's on it makes it even better :) Good luck with the total money makeover! We don't use the whole system but are trying the envelopes and so far it seems to be working!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete