Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Favorites


Last workday of the week. Last day of the month. Last full month of summer. 

147 days until Christmas. 

Heyo! 

Today I'm linking up with Erika and April for some favorites! Are you surprised? You shouldn't be. You should be sensing a theme around here on Fridays :)




1. Emporium Pies



So y'all know how I have an obsession with pie, right? Hi, I'm Katy, I'm southern, I need all the pie. Well I've been DYING to go to Emporium Pies and people, it finally happened. I took a random Monday off work this week and drove up to McKinney to have lunch with my friend Emily. After lunch we just walked and talked around McKinney's Town Square and then I saw it. I saw the sign. And it opened up my eyes I saw the sign. 

So, being the best kind of friend there is, Emily said she'd treat me to my first piece! We got the "smooth operator"  - french silk chocolate pie with a pretzel crust. Sweet and salty. Sooo....heavenly. I need to try all the pies. Looking for volunteers to return with me. Anyone? Anyone?

Check out the goodness here.

2. Friends (the "I'll be there for you" kind)


I came across this buzzfeed article of "26 Friends Quotes Guaranteed to Make You Laugh Every Time." And guess what. I laughed. I watch this show every single night as I fall asleep and the episodes literally just don't get old. The jokes? Always funny. When she gets off the plane? I cry every time. So if you're a Friends fan, you have to read this. And if you're a HUGE Friends fan, you'll likely be able to hear them all say these. It's awesome. 

Read the article here.

3. Anthropologie Mini Cups

So I've tried a new weight loss program this week. 



I eat ice cream every night. 

Okay, but hear me out. My sweet friend Lisa over at Finding Fit bought me these mini-ice cream cups for my birthday. They hold 1/2 cup of ice cream perfectly. A half a cup of ice cream is 100 calories. I'm okay with that. There's nothing that I love more than ice cream (okay, maybe pie), and I've found that if I know I can have a mini-cup of ice cream at home, I won't eat the M&Ms after lunch, the Reeses as a mid-afternoon snack, etc. So we'll see how this little process treats me, but so far? We're doing good. Plus they're just really cute. Find the little nuggets here.

4. Canine Cookie Company


For those of you four-legged fur moms out there, I have a new treat for your baby. I found these little treats in a store in McKinney, and Charlie is obsessed. They're all natural, gluten-free, healthy dog treats that smell WONDERFUL. Not gonna lie, I was tempted to try one. Charlie always gets excited for treats, but his paws can't sit still when I get these out. I got the sampler pack full of Squirrels, Pup Tarts, and Nilla Woofers. Huge hit in this household. Check out their website here. 


5. My Dad


 Dads are just the greatest. I had a rough night one night this week, picked up the phone, called the pops, and he just made it all better. He always does. I don't quite understand how he does it either. But I'm just really lucky to have a dad who listens and talks through life with me. So thanks, dad - you're the bomb diggity. 

And there you have it! Have a wonderful last weekend of July everyone! I'll see you in August :)

Until next time,
Katy

1 comments:

  1. You're using your tiny cups AND they made the list!!!! Yes! I also pictured the possibility of you needing to put a scoop in EACH lil cup to meet a complete Katy Ice Cream need.

    ReplyDelete