Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Christmas Decor


Good Morning! :)

Today I'm linking up with Andrea for a little Show and Tell Tuesday: Christmas Decorations!

Listen, I come from the roots of an extreme decorator. My sweet mama basically transforms our house into the North Pole every year ...and it's amazing. Everything non-Christmassy comes down, and something Christmassy takes its place.  I have always wanted to do the same, but I've realized that the accumulation of said decoration takes time. Wamp wamp. 

What I'm most proud of is my Christmas Village. I have a 16-piece Dept. 56 village (the North Pole series - go figure) I've been collecting since I was 11. Unfortunately there isn't room in Kelsey''s house to put it up this year, but I love it so much I just had to give it some kind of credit. Maybe you'll see it next year :) 

Okay - now onto the decorations!


Welcome :) 

Meet Rudy and Ginger - our little welcoming committee. Contrary to the fact that I have two large stuffed animals at my door, no I do not have children. I'm just basically a big kid myself and they make me happy!


Garland up the stairs - because in my world, all railings must twinkle!


Top of the stairs - I think the hardest thing this year was not having a mantle. So I had to get creative with that whole "stockings were hung by the fireplace" bit. Also - I have a thing for snowmen obviously. As four are in this picture. 


The tree to the right of the top of the stairs. So this room is decorated in blues originally, so this tree is decorated in all blue and silver ornaments. My mom had several trees in the house when I was growing up, and they all had different themes. So that's my "goal." I'm up to two so far. Just give me some time :)

This tree is also pretty special to me. My first year in Dallas, in my first apartment, I was hosting a Christmas party for my Baylor girls, but work was really crazy. I 1) had no time to decorate and 2) had never really decorated a place of my own before. Then one night I come home from work, and my mom turned my little 924 sq ft apartment into a winter wonderland. She's wonderful :) So this tree and these ornaments just have my heart. 


See that snowman on the right? Jeff bought me that this year. You move his nose to countdown to Christmas, so he thought it would be perfect for my KUWK 25 Days of Christmas :) What a sweet boy!


This is on the other side of the tree. Because when your roommate is in fashion design and therefore has mannequins hanging around, you gotta improvise :)

 The right and left side of the kitchen counter. Because where there's a corner - there must be something Christmas! PS - Jeff's mom bought him that JOY sign, but I may have stolen it. Cause I liked it :)


 The back side of the kitchen counter. Kelsey's red kitchen aid is really working with my mojo here. 


The coffee side of the kitchen counter. And yes you just saw two cookie jars. My mom collects cookie jars (she probably has about 20) and during Christmas, each cookie jar got replaced with a Christmas cookie jar. So in stores I'm often naturally drawn to the cookie jars...


Jeff's mom got me this. It's pretty perfect. And needs ironing. Do not judge.


Our red and green tree! When watching TV, this tree is to my right, and this view is on my left....


So I'm no Lisa, but this was my attempt at an artsy chalkboard. ...when I was really bored during CMA's Country Christmas :)


This back picture is actually a puzzle that my whole family worked on last Thanksgiving, and then my mom glued it and my dad framed it. They're pretty handy aren't they?!


Side table - subway art and snowmen. No surprise there.



And these two little guys Jeff and I brought home from Boston the first year we went together for my eye appointment. They have a huge Christmas store, so we found these little guys and brought them home. Only after naming them Sammy and Sebastion the Snowmen, of course. #jeffgetsme


And there you have it!!

Sadly, or not so sadly, this is about half of my Christmas decoration. One year I'll be able to bust it all out again. But for now, I think things look pretty and perfectly Christmas. 

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Until next time,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. All of your snowmen are too cute! I need more snowmen around my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowmen! It reminds me of my mother in law's house. She has snowmen everywhere and it so just so sweet and festive. Plus the great thing about snowmen is they are good all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh how cute!! Love those cookie jars!

    Stopping by from the link up!
    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your decor! It couldn't be more perfect and I collect Snowmen so I love those especially! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is just beautiful! I especially love the apron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your Christmas decorations. Everything is so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete