Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


Guys.

This is a big day.
A big BIG day. 
A HUGE DAY.

I *think* I may have found a cake that takes the lead for my absolute favorite bundt cake. And that is a big deal, because I pretty much love all bundt cakes. 

I think this is attributable to two reasons: 
1) it's really just that good
2) I made it in my new, spiffy-shaped bundt pan (see below)

Nonetheless, here she is... the Dark Chocolate Chip Bundt. 


I know I say pretty much every cake is easy....but y'all. The basics of a bundt cake are repetitive and simple. So they're ALL pretty easy. That's why they're awesome and my favorites :)

I did some research and kind of combined several recipes into this version...

What You'll Need

for the cake..
1 box yellow cake mix
1 chocolate pudding mix
1 vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 1/4 cup water
4 eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Hershey's Special Dark)

 for the glaze..
2 tbsp butter 
1 tbsp Karo light syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

What You'll Do
Mix all cake ingredients (except the chocolate chips) with an electric mixer
Fold in the dark chocolate chips
Pour into a bundt pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes


While the cake is cooling...
Melt all three glaze ingredients and pour atop cooled cake

You could honestly use whatever chocolate frosting you prefer, or just leave it plain and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. I probably should have done that with this one considering it was a weird shape and a little difficult to glaze. Which leads me to....

MY NEW BUNDT PAN!!

One should not get this excited about a bundt pan, but alas, I am. This past weekend I was just browsing around Williams-Sonoma, when I came across their new bundt pans:




Aren't they awesome?! They just make bundt cakes' hot points go WAY up.

I chose the Heritage bundt, and as you can see, it really does turn out in the shape. Which just makes cake baking way more exciting! I already told Mama Sue I could use another one of these under the Christmas tree this year :)



And when I say I was excited, I mean I texted this picture to Jeff right outside the store. That's pure joy, people. Boyfriend is such a trooper to pretend to get excited over things like a bundt pan. 


Okay, back to the cake itself. It honestly tastes like a chocolate chip muffin. Like the homemade kind you used to eat as a kid. The kind that gave you warm fuzzies and made everything better. That is this cake.


 I mean it's in the running for #1 guys. (throws hands up) That's all I'm saying. 

_________

Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment