Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Strawberry Brownies



World's easiest dessert. Seriously y'all. Three ingredients, the thing cooks for 15 minutes, I mean what more do you want from me?! 

This past weekend sweet little Brooklyn turned three, so my sister threw her a Minnie Mouse birthday party! And as the baking aunt that I am, I brought a couple of desserts. And as the color-appreciative aunt that I am, one was black/white, and one was pink :) 

So where did I go when searching for the perfect pink dessert? Shay's blog. Duh. If you're a frequent visitor around here you know I'm a huge fan. If I could bake with Shay for a day I'd be one happy Katy. 

Okay, back to the brownies. Look at these! Light, summery, and sweet. Just what we need during a Texas summer.


Here's the recipe straight from Mix and Match Mama's website:

Shopping List
1 box of strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Grease (I used Pam) a 9x13 baking dish.  Set aside.

Combine all 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl with a spoon (your batter will be thick).

Spread batter across the bottom of your prepared pan and bake about 14 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).

While the brownies are baking, prepare your glaze.  Combine one cup of powdered sugar with a splash of milk.  Add more milk if the glaze is too thick and more sugar if it's too thin.  Pour glaze down over the tops of your warm brownies. 
 
My one tip would be to not overcook the brownies. Dry brownies are nobody's favorite. 
 
My dad was a huge fan of these. Any leftover brownies were requested to go with him :)

I just love the pink color. A perfect goodie for Valentines Day or a sweet baby girl's baby shower. Keep it on the back burner, kids. You'll be glad you did.
 
Until next time,
Katy

0 comments:

Post a Comment