Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm back!


Hellooooooo!

Man I've missed y'all! I have been all over the place the past 10 days, so this describes my morning. On cup three and counting. 


I got home at 3:30 last night this morning. Did you get that? Three:Thirty. SO, needless to say I took a personal day and slept in until 10 a.m. Charlie didn't even whine or wake me up to go outside. Best dog in the world. Also, shout out to boyfriend of the year, Jeffrey Daniel, for picking me and my sister up at the airport at 2 a.m. 

But let's take it back a few days. 

Last Friday, I took off to Chicago! I had training there all last week, so a group of us went up the weekend before to do all things tourist: 




Friday morning I had to leave Chicago and head to South Carolina to celebrate the life of my adorable grandmama (or as we fondly called her, "Gee"). She went home to meet Jesus and be reunited with her entire family last weekend, so we all got together to celebrate the wonderful and incredible woman that she was. 

The service was hard, but incredibly special. She was a true example in this world. An example of faith, of a mother who loves no matter what, of a grandmother who knows no distance, and of the sweetest commitment to the love of her life. PS - she surprised her hubs in Heaven on his birthday. Does the girl know how to make an entrance, or what?! :)

We will miss her dearly and think of her often, but I know she's having the time of her life up there on those streets of gold! 


OH - and she gave me my dimples. So I'll always have a little piece of her with me :)

And then there was yesterday. Amy and I got to the airport in South Carolina at 12:45, headed to Charlotte for our connecting to DFW, and then got delayed for SIX HOURS. Seriously, the pilot came on the speaker and told us "good morning." Not okay. Get it together airlines. Get it together. 

So that's what I've been up to! It's good to be back after 10 days of living out of a suitcase. I'm still sipping coffee, watching DCC: Making the Team, and trying to find my motivation to go to the gym and work off all that Chicago deep dish. Ah, routine. 

The rest of this week we have recipes, book reviews, favorites, and more! But until then, have a fantastic Monday! (Pssst, it's already half over!!)

Until next time,
Katy
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment